Wheres The Quarry In Onslow Nc

Flagponds Pirate

It has recently come to my attention that there is a quarry in Onslow County NC that people are free to enter and look for some fossils. But I have been unable to find any information on it. Can anyone point me in the direction of a website or book that describes where it is and what can be found there?

It has recently come to my attention that there is a quarry in Onslow County NC that people are free to enter and look for some fossils. But I have been unable to find any information on it. Can anyone point me in the direction of a website or book that describes where it is and what can be found there?

There is the Richlands quarry. It's a Martin Marrietta rock quarry that allows collectors in on Fridays if you

call ahead to make sure they aren't blasting. It's mostly Eocene material, but some later fossils have

been collected also. I don't know of any websites or books describing it. It is located in Richlands, NC

off Hwy 24 and Union Chappel Road. Call (910) 324-7430 (office) a day ahead - they are great people,

who have been very accomodating to fossl hunters even taking in school groups.

-greel

• I found this Informative 1