Meg Mawl's 7" Megaldodn Teeth

meg123

Hello,

Through the years I have heard that the website meg mawl had 7" megalodon teeth. By the time i heard about these teeth the site was gone and i could not see them. I am asking anyone if they have any photos of the 7 inch teeth that meg mawl had on his website? Also does anyone have any photos of vito bertucci's giant megalodon jaws and know what tooth in that jaw measured 7 5/8 inches?

Hello,

Through the years I have heard that the website meg mawl had 7" megalodon teeth. By the time i heard about these teeth the site was gone and i could not see them. I am asking anyone if they have any photos of the 7 inch teeth that meg mawl had on his website? Also does anyone have any photos of vito bertucci's giant megalodon jaws and know what tooth in that jaw measured 7 5/8 inches?

Found this after a quick inet google search.

EDIT - SITE LINK REMOVED DUE TO VIRUS THREATS!

Hope this helps.

Regards,

PS - I guess it doesn't :(

Links at the bottom are all broken. Sorry.

Tim

Edited by Fossildude19

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png    VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015       MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg        IPFOTM -- MAY - 2024   IPFOTM5.png.fb4f2a268e315c58c5980ed865b39e1f.png

_________________________________________________________________________________
"In every walk with nature one receives far more than he seeks."

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

i actualy got to hold that beauty back in 2001 or 2002 (i forget whitch one). at the aurora fossil fair where they had a booth. that thing was massive. :)

i actualy got to hold that beauty back in 2001 or 2002 (i forget whitch one). at the aurora fossil fair where they had a booth. that thing was massive. :)

Any photos of them?

Found this after a quick inet google search.

<Infected Link Removed>

Hope this helps.

Regards,

PS - I guess it doesn't :(

Links at the bottom are all broken. Sorry.

Tim

Hey Tim and everyone else, just a headsup that I went to the site and my Nortons AV flagged a low level threat/virus there without even trying any links. It doesnt look like a real serious threat but one nonetheless. Everyone on the forum has a working and current antivirus software program with the latest definitions on their system, RIGHT? I assume most AV programs will catch this since its fairly old but you probably dont want to mess around on the site.

Bloodhound.Exploit.281

Risk Level 1: Very Low

SUMMARY TECHNICAL DETAILS REMOVAL Discovered: August 24, 2008

Updated: October 13, 2009 7:48:39 AM

Also Known As: Trojan.Giframe [symantec]

Type: Trojan, Worm

Infection Length: Varies

Systems Affected: Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows NT, Windows Server 2003, Windows 2000

Bloodhound.Exploit.281 is a heuristic detection for files attempting to exploit the Microsoft GDI+ GIF File Parsing Remote Code Execution Vulnerability (BID 31020).

Threat AssessmentWildWild Level: Low

Number of Infections: 0 - 49

Number of Sites: 0 - 2

Geographical Distribution: Low

Threat Containment: Easy

Removal: Easy

DamageDamage Level: Low

DistributionDistribution Level: Low

Regards, Chris

Thanks, Plantguy!:blush:

I removed the link from my post. Hope you can do the same from the quote.

I didn't receive any warnings, but my work pc may deflect without telling me. (Corp AV software.)

Thanks for the heads up.

Regards,

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png    VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015       MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg        IPFOTM -- MAY - 2024   IPFOTM5.png.fb4f2a268e315c58c5980ed865b39e1f.png

_________________________________________________________________________________
"In every walk with nature one receives far more than he seeks."

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

• 4 weeks later...
Guest bigchaka

Hello,

i saw those teeth when the site was first created. sorry u missed out

From MegMawl.com

CMX7INCH - EXCEPTIONALLY RARE, 7" tooth from the Cooper River, SC. Found by divers in the mid 1990's. There are very likely only about sixteen, 7 inch teeth ever found. We know of only one other tooth that was a natural 7" tooth when found. It sold for $10,000 in the mid 90's. It was in ragged shape and has in all likelihood been restored by now. Many of the other teeth were 6" teeth that were restored to bring them back to a 7"+ slant height. This tooth is heavily phosphatized. Heavily phosphatized teeth will "ring" like fine crystal when balanced in the center and tapped with a fingernail.

This tooth a very unique tooth because:

It is a FIRST LATERAL.

It is PATHOLOGICAL.

Its HUGE, UNRESTORED, NATURAL size.

Its weight.

Its phosphatization.

Its coloration.

There is absolutely no restoration whatsoever.

$25,000

MM7d.bmp

MM7l.bmp

"There is no difference between Zen and Purgatory and Time Warner Cable, and they are trying to tach me this, but I am a dim impatient pupil."

----- xonenine

wRick do you have any photos of the other 7" restored teeth Meg mawl had?

post-3347-041444900 1283259606_thumb.jpg

post-3347-041615400 1283259618_thumb.jpg

"There is no difference between Zen and Purgatory and Time Warner Cable, and they are trying to tach me this, but I am a dim impatient pupil."

----- xonenine

I'm sure most of you have seen this one .. Steven Alter was selling that for awhile (not sure if he still is). I believe this tooth was restored but only on enamel towards the center of the tooth.

post-92-020487000 1283390102_thumb.jpg

post-92-0-61810500-1382410117_thumb.jpg

Edited by isurus90064

Posted the lingual side before :-b the other pic is the other side without matrix cleanup. Fortunately this type of Chili matrix comes off relatively easy. I took about 50% of the matrix off, I'll post another pic when the all the matrix is off.

All the serrations are there, no resto, no repair, no funny business ... 7.07" long x 5.34" wide

post-92-066207000 1283390202_thumb.jpg

post-92-075622100 1283390232_thumb.jpg

Posted the lingual side before :-b the other pic is the other side without matrix cleanup. Fortunately this type of Chili matrix comes off relatively easy. I took about 50% of the matrix off, I'll post another pic when the all the matrix is off.

All the serrations are there, no resto, no repair, no funny business ... 7.07" long x 5.34" wide

Wow! That tooth is beautiful. Do you know wether that 7.62 tooth in vito bertucci,s megalodon jaw is natural or repaired?

Yeah, Isurus is right about the tooth Steven is (was?) brokering; the repair was only to the enamel and bourlette. Karen Chadwick did the repairs. Until recently, pictures of the tooth before and after repairs could be found on her site; however, the site's no longer active.

I've handled a fair few restored teeth, and those teeth from megmawl are half putty. The root ends and enamel have been repaired extensively. For the 20,000 he was asking, I'd have let those be, especially considering how little tooth there actually was.

Wow! That tooth is beautiful. Do you know wether that 7.62 tooth in vito bertucci,s megalodon jaw is natural or repaired?

It was supposedly 6" wide, but most of the root was repaired. Considering how hard it is to gauge to the root size of teeth, there's no real way to be sure that restorations are accurate.

Yeah, Isurus is right about the tooth Steven is (was?) brokering; the repair was only to the enamel and bourlette. Karen Chadwick did the repairs. Until recently, pictures of the tooth before and after repairs could be found on her site; however, the site's no longer active.

THobern,

Do you know what her site was? We might be able to dig some pics up from the depths of the internet.

----- xonenine

THobern,

Do you know what her site was? We might be able to dig some pics up from the depths of the internet.

fossilrepair.com

It was supposedly 6" wide, but most of the root was repaired. Considering how hard it is to gauge to the root size of teeth, there's no real way to be sure that restorations are accurate.

THobern,

Was that 7.62" tooth repaired more than Meg mawl's 7" teeth?

Edited by meg123