Fossil Location Sites

GreatWhite

I was wondering if there was anywhere around Hemingway/Johnsonville/Myrtle Beach, SC to look for Sharks teeth without having to snorkel or dive. I'd like to hit at least one place before I start my final semester of college next Mon(23rd) because once I start, I won't have any time to go searching until I graduate in Dec. Does anyone know of anywhere and is willing to share or maybe go together and look? Any help is greatly appreciated!

Wish I could help, but last time I was at Myrtle beach was in about 1979 and I was only 9 years old.

For one species to mourn the death of another is a new thing under the sun.
-Aldo Leopold

• New Members

I was wondering if there was anywhere around Hemingway/Johnsonville/Myrtle Beach, SC to look for Sharks teeth without having to snorkel or dive. I'd like to hit at least one place before I start my final semester of college next Mon(23rd) because once I start, I won't have any time to go searching until I graduate in Dec. Does anyone know of anywhere and is willing to share or maybe go together and look? Any help is greatly appreciated!

HI, you still need a source for sifters try this site.

http://www.stoneyknoll.com/Home.html

I am a local fossil hunter here in MB.

Ed

Edited by lelocle47

Thank you both for the replies. I will check that site out. Where in Myrtle are you? I actually live in Hemingway, SC but I go to college at the Grand Strand Campus in Myrtle Beach(Horry-Georgetown Tech).