Did I Find A Primitive Skull?

Just Bob

Holy smokes. Biggest one Ive seen lol.post-3801-023187600 1282959686_thumb.jpg

If that candy corn tooth is on ebay I start a bid at a nickle.

OMG! I just joined here yesterday, and I found this reading and searching through the forums. I just spent the last 30 minutes laughing more than I have in a long time! The guy should saw that thing in half and see if it is a geode, in the pics it sort of looks like an agate type of stone.

I think the guy just wants attention. I know a guy, eccentric type of old guy, who is sort of like that. I used to dig bottles with him. He was somehow always coming in possession of some really unusual objects and would start making all sorts of wild speculations about them. One time he told me he found a meteorite. He said he was just sure it was a rock from 'outer space', lol. I bought it from him for a small amount after he got tired of people telling him it was not a meteorite. It is a fairly nice mineral specimen, although nothing museum quality for sure. I am about 100% sure it is skutterudite. It's pretty and is a chunk weighing maybe 2-3 lbs. I still cannot get the guy to truthfully tell me where he got it. I think he tells so many wild tales that he actually forgets what the truth really is! I will post pics on the forum later for comments.

I would say this thread is the craziest of this type of wild speculation I have ever seen, but I cannot. This guy is not even in the same league of craziness as the folks on this site:

http://www.davidicke.com/forum/showthread.php?t=118565

Lol, these guys are drinking the hard kook-aid.

Gizmo and Worthy, you guys remind me of something silly that I found a few years ago. My mom sent a few of my old "boxes o' stuff" home with me after a visit (I've been out of the house for twenty years now), and one of those boxes contained some rock specimens I gathered when I was in high school. Including a shale slab with a really nice "outline" of a lizard. See, when I was in school, I had access to fern fossils and Paleozoic marine fossils, but nothing with a skeleton. Guess what i desperately wanted to find? I vaguely remember being extremely bored one day, and scratching out my lizard "fossil" with a knife tip. Oh well, it was worth a chuckle when I found it. I don't think I have it anymore, shame, it would have been a good reminder of levity I'm sure.

Andy (redbrick)

"All living things do one of two things. They either grow, or they die. When they stop growing, they immediately start dying. The mind is also a living thing."

Well Just Bob, did we live up to your expectations? I can see now it was wise that he chose to have all his comments on his blog so he could erase any he didn't like