Ccfms Club

xenacanthus

i was wondering which branch of ccfms is focused more on fossils and there website because i will apply

The CCFMS club that has the most fossil interest would be the Kawartha Rock & Fossil club, based in Peterborough. They also do field trips most weekends, mostly mineral, but a few are for the fossil folks. Their next meeting actually features a presentation by Dr Dave Rudkin, asst curator of invert paleontology at the ROM, about his recent eurypterid findings in northern Manitoba. Both myself and pleecan are members of this club. I also belong to the Scarborough gem & mineral club. Dr Rudkin gave us the same speech earlier this spring. It was very interesting and attracted the largest crowd I've seen at a meeting in 3 years. If you're interested, the Scarborough club will be having it's annual show Sep 18-19 and I will be setting up a display of Ontario fossils. I can send details to you, or anyone else, interested in attending.

There's no limit to what you can accomplish when you're supposed to be doing something else