Lee Creek/ Aurora Pcs

flflintknapper

I am in need of information on how to obtain a permit to get into the Mine in Lee Creek. I heard it was like a raffle to get in, but I cant find any information on how to apply. Im just a Florida boy, so any help is better than none. I know absolutely nothing about these sites, but I really want to make a trip out there.

Questions:

How does one get a permit?

What to expect?

What to bring, IE Specific tools?

What are the seasons?

What are some things you have found?

Thanks, Drew Davis

"If you find yourself lost in the woods, build a house! This will strongly improve your perdicament."

I am in need of information on how to obtain a permit to get into the Mine in Lee Creek. I heard it was like a raffle to get in, but I cant find any information on how to apply. Im just a Florida boy, so any help is better than none. I know absolutely nothing about these sites, but I really want to make a trip out there.

Questions:

How does one get a permit?

What to expect?

What to bring, IE Specific tools?

What are the seasons?

What are some things you have found?

Thanks, Drew Davis

hey!

no permit, you must join a fossil club, there are plenty in florida. lee creek is closed though this year to collecting. try this site http://www.elasmo.com/

lee creek is a large place ith huge dirt piles to collect. any thing from tiny shells to large megalodon teeth and whale bones can be found there, this place is very famous amongst fossil collectors.

you can bring a shovel if you want, and a screen sifter. though there is so much ground to cover i just walk and look. i believe when the mine opens to collecting they allow collecting all seasons, but i could be wrong. i have found a very nice 4 inch meg there and a nice chubitensis. you can fing large makos and tigers there too.

post-2550-020362000 1283126253_thumb.jpg

post-2550-035327200 1283126268_thumb.jpg

post-2550-012443600 1283126278_thumb.jpg

post-2550-049609400 1283126292_thumb.jpg

Yeah the mine is closed but hunting in the piles is always a fun thing. You can go in front of the aurora fossil museum and hunt.

:) Try the tampa bay fossil club.We get several slots each year from a club in N.C..

I believe there are no more scheduled trips this year though. :(

Bear-dog.

Guest BOHUNTER

All the rivers and fossils around and you want to drive the NC for some 4 inch killer meg tooth..... let me know when Ill chip in on gas... Your friend Steve B)

:) Try the tampa bay fossil club.We get several slots each year from a club in N.C..

I believe there are no more scheduled trips this year though. :(

Thanks

"If you find yourself lost in the woods, build a house! This will strongly improve your perdicament."