Another Crinoid

Guest solius symbiosus

Guest solius symbiosus

Pulled another Pychnocrinus today from the same site. I found this one in the talus, and doubt that I will be able to get anymore from the horizon without quarrying. I also brought back a decent size sponge(stromotoporoid). There are some that are much larger, but they are unwieldy.

Also included is an internal mold of a large "otherocerid" cephalopod.

Scales are approximate

Pychnocrinus

DSCN0835.jpg

Stromotoporoid

DSCN0832.jpg

DSCN0833.jpg

"orthocerid"

DSCN0831.jpg

Solius, your crinoid specimins are very nice, have you ever collected in some of the missisipan rocks around bloomington>? in the limestone there? although i did not find any nice heads or calyxs i had a chance to peek into the uni of bloomingtons type specimins collection....they had several ones from those rocks that were absolutley stunning....beautiful detail and the iron stains that have seeped into that limestone create fantastic colors......??

"Turn the fear of the unknown into the excitment of possibility!"

We dont stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing.

Guest solius symbiosus
Solius, your crinoid specimins are very nice, have you ever collected in some of the missisipan rocks around bloomington>? in the limestone there? although i did not find any nice heads or calyxs i had a chance to peek into the uni of bloomingtons type specimins collection....they had several ones from those rocks that were absolutley stunning....beautiful detail and the iron stains that have seeped into that limestone create fantastic colors......??

No, I haven't been around that area, but I have collected the Miss. of eastern, and southern Ky. Though, It has been years.