The Peec Fossil Trail, Dingman's Ferry Pa

NJ Mary Ann

Here is another trip report from James -

A Trip along the Fossil Trail, by James

On Wednesday, April 30, 2008 I went with my Mom and my brother Tommy to the Pocono Environmental Education Center in Dingmans Ferry. We hiked on the Fossil Trail. We saw Crinoid stems and Brachiopod fossils. We hoped to find a Trilobite but we didn't. We also found a small piece of anthracite. There were piles of fossils on a log because you could not take the fossils home. We ate tacos on the trail. It was a long hike and I was exhausted when I got back to the car. It was nice being there on our own because it wasn't loud, and you could look wherever you wanted without getting in anyone's way. I would rather hunt someplace where you could keep the fossils, but we had a nice day.

-Mary Ann

"There is nothing like geology; the pleasure of the first day's partridge shooting or first day's hunting cannot be compared to finding a fine group of fossil bones, which tell their story of former times with almost a living tongue." Charles Darwin, letter to his sister Catherine, 1834

Young man you seem to get out more than the rest of us, so good finds are just around the corner for you.

Grüße,

Daniel A. Wöhr aus Südtexas

"To the motivated go the spoils."

Thanks for the kind words, Dan...James does not really like to write, but he enjoys tuning in to see what you guys have to say, and that motivates him to do his trip reports....makes him feel like the Paleontologist he dreams of being, simply because you guys go out of your way to take him seriously. Little things can mean a lot to kids, and you are all being so kind and generous with him. Thanks a bunch!!

-Mary Ann

"There is nothing like geology; the pleasure of the first day's partridge shooting or first day's hunting cannot be compared to finding a fine group of fossil bones, which tell their story of former times with almost a living tongue." Charles Darwin, letter to his sister Catherine, 1834