Fossil Hunting In Ohio

Dapalis1

Hi,

I live in Findlay, ohio and i would like to know if there are some fossil hunters in the area?

Dapalis1

Dapalis1

Hello Dapalis1,

I am at least a couple hours south of you, around the Dayton area. I am a bit north of Dayton though. I am just starting to learn about fossil hunting areas nearby. So far I have only been to areas that are south of where I am, which would be even further from you. Do you know of any areas up near where you are or anything? I have also been thinking about checking out this place in Indiana that some people on here have been talking about. It's called south gate hill, it sounded like it might be good. Maybe we could meet up someplace to hunt sometime.

Kyle

Hi,

I live in Findlay, ohio and i would like to know if there are some fossil hunters in the area?

Dapalis1

Hello Dapalis1,

I am at least a couple hours south of you, around the Dayton area. I am a bit north of Dayton though. I am just starting to learn about fossil hunting areas nearby. So far I have only been to areas that are south of where I am, which would be even further from you. Do you know of any areas up near where you are or anything? I have also been thinking about checking out this place in Indiana that some people on here have been talking about. It's called south gate hill, it sounded like it might be good. Maybe we could meet up someplace to hunt sometime.

Kyle

Hi,

Actually i am pretty new in the country. To be honest i came here in the USA about one month ago for a 4 months research project. I am going to go back to France at the very end of July. And i have hunted fossils only once in my entire life and it was a long time ago but being in the US makes me feel like i could start out right here in the USA.

My only mean if transportation is a bicycle lol so if we go far to hunt fossils in Indiana i will definitely need to get there either by bus or by train.

Dapalis1

Dapalis1

• New Members

Hi Dapalis1,

I know Cleveland may be a bit far for you but we have a club that meets in Parma once a month. Or if you want to meet us at some of our field trips you can contact one of us. For more info go to: http://www.ncfclub.org/. Hope to see you at our next meeting.

Mike B

Hi,

Dapalis1