How Many Members On The Forum?

worthy 55

Right now, we have 3,247 members; 229 have been on so far today.

A recent check of the statistics revealed that, over about a 30 day period, we had 33,425 visits; 10,281 of which were "unique visits".

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

A recent check of the statistics revealed that, over about a 30 day period, we had 33,425 visits; 10,281 of which were "unique visits".

no, its 3,246.75, I'm not all here. :P

I should have known to look at the bottom of the page for that info :rolleyes: but all that info you gave me is very interesting . This site has really grown! B)B)B):)

It's my bone!!!

The really big deal is the number of non-member visits: 33,000+ per month!

We're playing to a huge audience!

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

The really big deal is the number of non-member visits: 33,000+ per month!

We're playing to a huge audience!

so should i brush my teeth or my hair?

What do you mean unique visits? Are aliens watching us?

In formal logic, a contradiction is the signal of defeat: but in the evolution of real knowledge, it marks the first step in progress toward victory.

Alfred North Whithead

'Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia!'

Auspex,

Wow, what other stats do you have? Is someone watching me right now?

I've noticed how many posts you have. That's some daily average and that's considering you're sometimes away on business/vacation. Is there a quiet competition for most posts?

Jess

Auspex,

Wow, what other stats do you have? Is someone watching me right now?

I've noticed how many posts you have. That's some daily average and that's considering you're sometimes away on business/vacation. Is there a quiet competition for most posts?

Jess

There used to be before Auspex joined! :P

youtube-logo-png-46031.png

not us, just you. :Bananasaur:

I have tin foil hat, so not me!

In formal logic, a contradiction is the signal of defeat: but in the evolution of real knowledge, it marks the first step in progress toward victory.

Alfred North Whithead

'Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia!'

What do you mean unique visits?

"Unique" means that the same visitor is not counted twice in the time period.

"Unique" means that the same visitor is not counted twice in the time period.

'and that doesnt account for the visitors with split personalities.... fossil collectors are weird... but fossil collector 'spectators' are even weirder ;););)

Cheers Steve... And Welcome if your a New Member... :)

The news is that the Forum is reaching out and doing great!

This is also why we have a bad-word filter, and vigilant moderation: thousands of people are reading our words and viewing our pictures!

Guest N.AL.hunter

Members might not know this, but if you place your cursor over the members name and then look at the URL Id for that person, their member number will show. For example, mine is 101 because I was the 101st person to join. It isn't always correct cause some people got booted out and had to rejoin (like Cris), but over all it is correct. Del

• 4 weeks later...

I was just looking at the member list and was surprised at the number of members who have been members a year or better that do not participate in posting any input. Out of 3,370 some odd members on this site over half are lurkers with only 2 to 10 post. It seams like there are just about 20 to 30 members that do the most of positng. So come on guys and gals I know you all have something to share with us so don't be shy! B)B)B):)

post-23-084650000 1287955803_thumb.jpg

Edited by worthy 55

It's my bone!!!