Here's An Odd One?

fossilfinder

Can anybody name this one? Its the first one of this type Ive found here in marion co. Arkansas!

post-412-1210022931_thumb.jpg

Guest N.AL.hunter

Looks like the inside of a crinoid to be. right at the base of the calyx where it attaches to the stalk. Nice detail.

Looks like the inside of a crinoid to be. right at the base of the calyx where it attaches to the stalk. Nice detail.
Thanks !

Fossilfinder

Cool looking fossil!

I meant to tell you that there is a rock club in Hot Springs. The president at that time

was heavily into fossils. Not sure how far you live from there but you may want to check into it.

I never did get around to it. A lot of the mineral clubs in AR, also hunt where you can find fossils. There

is one in Little Rock but don't know the name. Some of those groups get into some

good quarries. I went as a guest once, way up north. If you want to hunt different kinds of fossils, you may have to hunt further south. I should be looking at a map when I say that. The Arkadelphia area, Hope, Hollywood (all those places,) are fossil rich in the Cretaceous (bones, echinoids, teeth (rivers)., etc.

Welcome to the forum!

When I compare other criniod fossils Ive found this becomes apparent!

post-412-1210076635_thumb.jpg

Fossilfinder

Cool looking fossil!

I meant to tell you that there is a rock club in Hot Springs. The president at that time

was heavily into fossils. Not sure how far you live from there but you may want to check into it.

I never did get around to it. A lot of the mineral clubs in AR, also hunt where you can find fossils. There

is one in Little Rock but don't know the name. Some of those groups get into some

good quarries. I went as a guest once, way up north. If you want to hunt different kinds of fossils, you may have to hunt further south. I should be looking at a map when I say that. The Arkadelphia area, Hope, Hollywood (all those places,) are fossil rich in the Cretaceous (bones, echinoids, teeth (rivers)., etc.

I found 3 vert in a row years ago near here while hunting Ginsang, wish I had a photo of it. I gave it to someone I lost contact with! But Im new to the fossil hunting world and these sound like great places to vist with my Grandson! We had quite a time over the weekend finding fossils, and he was very proud of his treasure he went home with! Thanks for the info!!

post-412-1210077485_thumb.jpg