There Is Always One Guy.....

Guest bmorefossil

Guest bmorefossil

We get to the beach and had trouble finding anything. Then just to make things worse another boat comes and two men get out one heads right the other left. The one guy came to where i was and stopped, I didnt see much going on there so i left. 2 hours later i look down the beach and the guy is still in the same spot. So i got out the rake and went to where he was. In the water i spoted a nice 1.5 inch mako, then a 1.5 inch meg and then the record size tooth this thing has to be THE smallest meg i have ever seen. I was afraid that i would loose it if i put it in my pocket so i held it tight between 2 of my fingers. So we go down to talk to the guy that was still in the same spot, by now its been 3 hours. He says that the guy he came with was down here during the week and found 17 MEGS!!!!!!!!!!!! and 7 on one day. So they were looking for it to be the same way again. I asked what the guy had found and in 3 hours only half a meg. We left after a few more people showed up and went to another spot and i found a really worn croc. tooth.

post-17-1210085255_thumb.jpg

post-17-1210085277_thumb.jpg

post-17-1210085339_thumb.jpg

post-17-1210085381_thumb.jpg

post-17-1210085398_thumb.jpg

Guest N.AL.hunter

Nice teeth. Can't wait to come over there in the summer. Hope there is something left for me!!

Better bring the film cans if you're looking for "C. microdon"!

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

Thats a sweet little posterior. When i see teeth like that i often wonder how big the shark actually was. Is it possible that in the far back reaches of the mouth of a meg with 5" anterior teeth there could be a posterior that small. Or would that be the posterior from a shark with 2" anterior teeth. I have attached an image of my smallest anterior tooth it measures slightly over .5". If others out there have small teeth such as these please post some pic's the little ones can sometimes be just as nice as the big ones

post-337-1210112961_thumb.jpg

I have smaller Rhinobatoes teeth, but I don't have a way to photograph them. They are the size of a the period at the end of this sentence.

post-40-1210113435_thumb.jpg

For one species to mourn the death of another is a new thing under the sun.
-Aldo Leopold

When i see teeth like that i often wonder how big the shark actually was. Is it possible that in the far back reaches of the mouth of a meg with 5" anterior teeth there could be a posterior that small. Or would that be the posterior from a shark with 2" anterior teeth.

All you have to do is find a complete, articulated jaw. I actually had this as a recurring dream off and on for a couple years; it was sweet!!!

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

Here is a poor picture of a Rhinobatoes tooth, along with some other little stuff.

post-40-1210113606_thumb.jpg

For one species to mourn the death of another is a new thing under the sun.
-Aldo Leopold

Guest bmorefossil
Thats a sweet little posterior. When i see teeth like that i often wonder how big the shark actually was. Is it possible that in the far back reaches of the mouth of a meg with 5" anterior teeth there could be a posterior that small. Or would that be the posterior from a shark with 2" anterior teeth. I have attached an image of my smallest anterior tooth it measures slightly over .5". If others out there have small teeth such as these please post some pic's the little ones can sometimes be just as nice as the big ones

i dont have anything that small for an anteriror tooth, the smallest we have is around an inch, but i do have some partials that were under an inch.

Guest bmorefossil

one of the odd parts of the trip was this guy that told me he is only looking for micro teeth. I wonder what he would do if he saw a 5'' meg pass it or keep it. lol

Guest solius symbiosus
Bowkill that is just entirely to cool, I love micro stuff! :wub:

I'll see if I can find spot a scolecodont, and photo it for you. It is speculated that Scolecodonts are the microscopic jaws, and teeth, of an annelid worm. Anyway, I never mark them when I come across one, so they are hard to find a second time.