Fossil Sites Near Ann Arbor, Michigan?

Darwin Ahoy

Alright, so I am in Michigan for today and tomorrow visiting my grandmother. Today we checked out the fossil park on the OH/MI border, but does anyone have any suggestions for my last day here? PM me if you would like...anything would be appreciated, within a couple hour drive....thanks!

Alright, so I am in Michigan for today and tomorrow visiting my grandmother. Today we checked out the fossil park on the OH/MI border, but does anyone have any suggestions for my last day here? PM me if you would like...anything would be appreciated, within a couple hour drive....thanks!

No fossils around here except in my basement. Outside. it is all glacial till. Everything else is a bit of a drive.

crinus

Went back to the fossil park today, and came out with a few trilobites (lots of pieces, though). I am on my brother's phone, so pics will have to wait. Feels good to find my first trilobites, though.

Too bad you didn't give more notice. Arkona is exactly two hours from A2 but you would have needed a passport or enhanced drivers license to go there. Alpena has lots of fossils but that is 4 hours away. Next time you are coming to see grandma maybe we can plan something.

crinus

Last time I went to that fossil park it was closed except on weekends after labor day. Humm I think I'm seeing a pattern here, U dig closed, Cleveland Llyod closed, a dino musuem in a NV state park closed. Another U dig in western canada closed.

We actually didn't plan to do any hunting...I even left all of my geat at home. It was a last minute thing, anyway, and I don't have a passport :P. As far as the park, the quarry areas are off limits, so you can only collect what is brought in (which isn't much). We lucked out that they just brought material on Saturday. However, the park is now open to collecting daily instead of just on weekends.

I am trying to get up to Penn Dixie sometime soon, but not sure when.