Official Ancient Fossil Of Grayson County, Texas

fossiladdict

And I also work in the legal field so now I'm gonna have to trot down to the courtroom and check them out Monday!

Fossils are simply one of the coolest things on earth--discovering them is just marvelous! Makes you all giddy inside!

Gryphaea graysonana; I guess named for the county?

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

Gryphaea graysonana; I guess named for the county?

CRETACEOUS PELECYPOD, KNOWN AS GRYPHAEA GRAYSONANA

Yes that is correct...I know what they look like I just want to see how they are displayed. I need to go check out what fossils they have on display at the museum now since they have relocated.

Fossils are simply one of the coolest things on earth--discovering them is just marvelous! Makes you all giddy inside!

tracer likes fossil oysters!!

Well, I have some fossilized cocktail sauce in my fridge :D :D :P

Just funnin with ya pal....

Um, I always thought that when the Treatis of Invertebrate Paleontology , the volume dealing with Pelecypods and written by H. B. Stenzel was published, he redid the Texas members of the Genus Gryphaea and named the Genus Texigryphaea. So now the fossil would be known as Texigryphaea graysonana.

I don't have that volume of the Treatis on hand to check it out, I guess I'll schedule a trip to the library.

JKFoam

The Eocene is my favorite

Is this for reals? Did they actually put the following itno the legal document as justifiication for having a county fossil? This is rather funny...

And I quote:

"It is well known that Grayson County has one of the largest percentages of elderly citizens per capita of any County in the United States.

II.

.......Such citizens are often referred to in a defamatory manner by the youth of the county, hence desire an official item which is older than the memory of any man or women living in the County."

Is this for reals? Did they actually put the following itno the legal document as justifiication for having a county fossil? This is rather funny...

And I quote:

"It is well known that Grayson County has one of the largest percentages of elderly citizens per capita of any County in the United States.

II.

.......Such citizens are often referred to in a defamatory manner by the youth of the county, hence desire an official item which is older than the memory of any man or women living in the County."

They were definitely having fun with it :P

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

Um, I always thought that when the Treatis of Invertebrate Paleontology , the volume dealing with Pelecypods and written by H. B. Stenzel was published, he redid the Texas members of the Genus Gryphaea and named the Genus Texigryphaea. So now the fossil would be known as Texigryphaea graysonana.

I don't have that volume of the Treatis on hand to check it out, I guess I'll schedule a trip to the library.

JKFoam

Let me know what you find out...I will have to see what the "frame" has in it as well.

And I quote:

II.

Yeah definitely funny but Sherman has changed a lot in the last few years so even by now that may not be true anymore. I just think it's cool they adopted a fossil.

Well, I have some fossilized cocktail sauce in my fridge :D :D :P

Just funnin with ya pal....

:):D :lol: :rofl: Got him :fistbump: .

Bear-dog.