Central Texas Area Finds From Years Past

bhtkevin

This is a find from a friend that used to live down in Central Texas (around Hamilton). I was at his house this weekend and took a few pictures...

photo1_sm.jpg

Eopachydiscus marcianus, Duck Creek/Georgetown Formation....if memory serves, the Hamilton area is mapped as Walnut fm, perhaps some Comanche Peak as well, not sure without a map in front of me. The Kwa is a few million years older than the Kdc with a different ammonite fauna, so I'm guessing the ammonite wasn't found around Hamilton, but perhaps somewhere to the north or east. Nice specimen.

Grüße,

Daniel A. Wöhr aus Südtexas

"To the motivated go the spoils."

Man,I see alot of those come from Texas on the forum are they just laying all over the ground there? B)B)B):)

It's my bone!!!

You sould totaly take them when he looks away :D ......JK

I have one myself and its in my secial place.......i didnt find it myself though

Edited by frozen_turkey

On Lake Texoma you have to hammer a lot of them out....not my cup of tea. I would rather just find them laying out where you can pick them up. There's one place I go that has a lot of the huge broke ones, some of which I bring home because of the designs (sutures etc.). If they were whole I'm not sure I could even lift them because the brokes are pretty darn heavy.

Those are pretty ammonites tho.

Fossils are simply one of the coolest things on earth--discovering them is just marvelous! Makes you all giddy inside!

Eos and Morts constitute the "common currency" of Texas ammonites, but dang it don't they look cool! I might have one or two myself....

Grüße,

Daniel A. Wöhr aus Südtexas

"To the motivated go the spoils."