Other Hazards While Collecting...

HeritageFossils

So I was coming back up to Dallas from Houston after seeing the fossils at the Houston museum (not true collecting but I still count it as a field trip), and it started hailing pretty badly so I got off Interstate-45 and hid my car under a shelter. Then I looked west and what had been an oddly shaped cloud was now a funnel cloud and getting bigger.

So I got pretty good front-row seats to a big tornado. It crossed the highway north of mile marker 239 and continued east before dissipating.

No one ever mentioned to me that Texas has a fall tornado season...

post-2755-031571000 1288054652_thumb.jpg

post-2755-093138200 1288054657_thumb.jpg

-YvW

Edited by HeritageFossils

Next fossil auction: June 6th, 2010 - Beverly Hills, CA

http://historical.ha.com/NaturalHistory/

Check out our auctions and past auctions!

A Texas Twister! Very cool.

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

Been through the tornado thing twice when I lived in Texas, not fun, the hurricanes are better at least you have time to leave.--Tom

Grow Old Kicking And Screaming !!
"Don't Tread On Me"

HeritageFossils.... I saw some footage on the news, its pretty scary stuff you guys have to go through....

Cheers Steve... And Welcome if your a New Member... :)

HeritageFossils.... I saw some footage on the news, its pretty scary stuff you guys have to go through....

Ya those twisters are intence.....I had one go through my own back yard once. Luckly it was at a safe distance at like 400 yards :mellow: . My backyards big so when i say back yard i mean the 32 acres of woods and field by house. it was a F3 and i will not lie i was pritty freaked out about it. Or in other words i was scared out of my mind (freaked out sounds more manly).

Even though it wasnt the biggest, that twister did some damage. We arent farmers so it didnt effect us, but a close friend of mine who had a corn feild right across the road from my place that the twister hit. It distroyed alot of the crop, and the worst part was that their isurance didnt cover them for some reason.

Twisters are fun to look at but they suck if you are on the receving end of one......trust me i know......i live in iowa <_<

-Frozen

So I was coming back up to Dallas from Houston after seeing the fossils at the Houston museum (not true collecting but I still count it as a field trip), and it started hailing pretty badly so I got off Interstate-45 and hid my car under a shelter. Then I looked west and what had been an oddly shaped cloud was now a funnel cloud and getting bigger.

So I got pretty good front-row seats to a big tornado. It crossed the highway north of mile marker 239 and continued east before dissipating.

-YvW

Bear-dog.

-YvW

So... after alligators, fire ants, poison ivy, rattle snake and skorpions, you found another hazard B):o

Great Photo HeritageFossil :o :o :o

I never saw a twister, but I should like... from very far :P :P :P

Erosion... will be my epitaph!

http://www.paleonature.org/

https://fossilnews.org/

Wow, I wonder if that was the one that went through Rice, TX? Tornadoes are cool to watch but terrible to experience.

In formal logic, a contradiction is the signal of defeat: but in the evolution of real knowledge, it marks the first step in progress toward victory.

Alfred North Whithead

'Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia!'

Always an impressive and surreal sight. I have seen a few, including an F4 from the inside.

Holy snarge, an F4 from the inside sounds frightening to say the least.

Always an impressive and surreal sight. I have seen a few, including an F4 from the inside.

'Splains a lot... :P

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

Holy snarge, an F4 from the inside sounds frightening to say the least.

'Splains a lot... :P

words cannot describe..... :wacko:

words cannot describe..... :wacko:

It's like the phrase a picture is worth a thousand words (NOT!) there is nothing like being there huh! B)B)B):)

It's my bone!!!