Fossilmania 2010

calciteguy

Any Texas or Oklahoma members attending Fossilmania in Glen Rose this weekend?

I hope to be there Friday or Saturday and would enjoy meeting others from the Fossil Forum.

Also looking for a spot to collect nearby if there are any tips.

Hope to meet some of you this weekend.

bill

I've headed that direction in years past only to stop and start collecting along the way and never make it to the show! I've been there once....best in Texas.

Grüße,

Daniel A. Wöhr aus Südtexas

"To the motivated go the spoils."

Had a great time at Fossilmania today. Super friendly folks, some nice stuff being sold (trilos from Oklahoma, agatized coral from Florida, cool echs from all over, meg teeth (pricey) and good Texas fossils). Did not stay for the evening as the collecting bug hit by mid afternoon. Stopped on the way home and found a good road cut with echs (28) and some neat gastropods and clams. All in all a very fun filled and satisfying day :D:P:D

I'll definitely go again next year and plan to camp over night.

I was going to go today but things didn't work out. Maybe now that the car is fixed tomorrow?... Fossil Mania has some very interesting stuff for sale, but there are also great lectures (i.e. Chuck Finsley) and it is also a good place to bring your collection for "show and tell".

Here is a picture of a stop we made on the way home in Erath Co. Found lots of echs on the hillside as well as other inverts.

post-4132-039057300 1288577838_thumb.jpg