Charlotte,nc Fossils

worthy 55

I will be in Charlotte,NC area for a few days till Friday maybe and was woundering if there are any places around here to check out? Just thought I would ask. B)B)B):)

Edited by worthy 55

It's my bone!!!

I live about forty miles up the road in Salisbury. There isn't a whole lot very close by. The two closest interesting natural-related places from this area are Hiddenite, NC a great place up in the mountains to look for gemstones and this place near Gulf, NC to find Triassic stuff. The rest of the action is in the Coastal Plain.

Gulf is a little bit under 30 minutes from my house. I have been there several times and last time had some luck. Mostly find ferns as well as some seeds. In order to get access you need to fax in a form to the company to gain access. The come through every once in a while so its always good having permission.

Edited by sweeneyb

Thanks guys, I guess I'll do some looking around this small dam just down the road from my brothers house and see what I can find. B)B)B):)

It's my bone!!!

I am just a mile or two north of Tega Cay close to Lake Wylie not in Charlotte it self but close. I know that there is a small dam close by. Anyways it's going to get nice and cool in the next few days so it will be nice to just go looking around. B)B)B):)

It's my bone!!!