Off Day

Guest bmorefossil

Guest bmorefossil

its not good when you go to the marina and a guy with a 27 foot boat tells you he came in because its getting rough out there. We got out there and it was a little rough but not as bad as that guy said. When we got to the beach i immediately found a cow shark and a nice hemi and that would be all for about 2 hours. durring that time i looked around for bone and teeth in blocks along the beach and found 2 nice verts. Right after we dug the verts out my father turns and finds a nice 1.5 inch hemi right in front of me. As we were walking down the beach i picked up a bone that ends up to be a barracuda jaw. On the last trip down the beach i saw a little bit of bone sticking out of a block and it ended up being a beautiful angel shark tooth that i call the half and half tooth, one half the tooth is yellow and the other brown root navy tooth.

post-17-1210778283_thumb.jpg

post-17-1210778316_thumb.jpg

post-17-1210778350_thumb.jpg

post-17-1210778365_thumb.jpg

Pretty neat stuff for an off day. Thanks for sharing! Maybe with all the rough water there will be more treats uncovered for the next trip :)

Guest bmorefossil

well i hope so on the news there were houses that fell because the cliff below their houses had collapsed. On monday the tide hit like 4.3 feet or so compared to the usual 1.5 feet or so with gusts up to 60 mph.

Cool Baracuda jaw! "A bad day fossiling is better than a good day at work".

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!