Fossil Care

the jeff

I am expecting my first load of fossils from overseas. I wonder about them being okay in changing climatic conditions more than anything. I'm in Australia and a summer isn't far away. It is not uncommon to have several days or weeks of temperatures exceeding 40c with hot nights of 30c. And humid days/nights when you can actually feel the moisture in the air. This worries me. I have worked with both wood and steel and know what these can do with changing climatic conditions. Surely fossils, especially with tissue remains would suffer.

Any advice/comments would be appreciated.

post-4413-020412900 1290042143_thumb.jpg

post-4413-073611400 1290042217_thumb.jpg

Jeff.... I think they will be fine, just get yourself a feather duster... I'm sure they come in blue ;)

Cheers Steve... And Welcome if your a New Member... :)

You'd think they'd expand and shrink and crack etc.

And I didn't get the blue thing either so now I feel twice as stupid.

:) I wouldnt worry about it as they have survived this long,with them being treated and indoors you wont experience any problems.WAIT!What am I saying? That shrimp could cause you problems,send it to me .My adress is.... :lol:

Bear-dog.

Jeff.... I think moisture is the one you have to watch coupled with temperature variations... If they are kept dry gradual temperature changes wont have any drastic effect on the fossils....dont worry....

Cheers Steve... And Welcome if your a New Member... :)