Fossil Dealer Recommendations?

fossiljunkie

hey everyone,

i thought there would be a few people besides me that would benefit from a posting concentrating on fossil dealers. although i do hunt on a fairly regular basis and find a lot of fossils i have recently wanted to start branching out to purchasing fossils that i know i will not encounter on my own when searching in my area or are exceptional specimens.

so i thought that asking members about there experiences purchasing online can give some of us an idea for some reputable fossil dealers we could trust when laying out sums of money without knowing what the outcome may be. my plan is to check the member trades/sale forum everyday in case there is something that i want to add to my collection.

i don't want anyone getting upset with names being mentioned so due to the nature of the post please feel free to send me a pm with dealers, maybe that is the best idea. i will also be checking ebay from time to time for fossils of interest.

so i'd love to hear advise from members who have had pleasant purchases with a dealer. i'm especially interested in recommendations for dealers whom you have been a return customer with on numerous occasions. those of us who are looking to start supplementing our own finds with purchases would love to hear about the good dealers along with those we should avoid like the plague.

i would love to hear about members of the forum who are very reputable and would love to purchase from them. my biggest concern is ebay and fakes. i'd appreciate any info from those members on the forum who have had good experiences with a certain dealer on ebay as well as the bad.

i think information about dealers will help quite a few members on the forum who have considered buying but are a little concerned with the quantity of fakes on the market and the honesty of some dealers. so any recommendations would definitely help the beginning buyers. i myself would much rather check listing on a regular basis from a list of a few reputable dealers recommended by members who have experienced the good and the bad, than to search all dealers and hope for the best. thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Edited by fossiljunkie

Today's the day!

Mel Fisher

fossiljunkie,

There are a couple of very reliable dealers with an excellent reputation here in this forum and I really would like to have such a list myself, but I think it is not a good idea to openly publish a rating here in this forum. I would ask for a PM.

Thomas

Be not ashamed of mistakes and thus make them crimes (Confucius, 551 BC - 479 BC).

fossiljunkie,

There are a couple of very reliable dealers with an excellent reputation here in this forum and I really would like to have such a list myself, but I think it is not a good idea to openly publish a rating here in this forum. I would ask for a PM.

Thomas

good idea. even though ebay was my main concern with rating it is probably best to ask for pm's. i already edited requesting members send pm's with any suggestions. thanks

Today's the day!

Mel Fisher

Guest N.AL.hunter

Without rating anyone, I can say that I have purchased from these dealers and have liked what I got: Stones & Bones, Extinctions.com, Indiana9Fossils and Edcope [AKA Fossilmall.com].

Without rating anyone, I can say that I have purchased from these dealers and have liked what I got: Stones & Bones, Extinctions.com, Indiana9Fossils and Edcope [AKA Fossilmall.com].

thats good enough. i don't want anyone rating and being uncomfortable. suggestions such as you have just made go a long way. thanks

Today's the day!

Mel Fisher

fossiljunkie,

Thomas

agreed - it's probably best to tread lightly on that topic lest we digress into the bottomless abyss.

life imitates fossils - fossils imitate life - or in other words knowledge and experience are the best

tools in the shed. can you imagine a photo gallery of all of our earliest(worst :( ) acquisitions?

my computer would melt :o

image.png.a84de26dad44fb03836a743755df237c.png