Auctions - Where Is A Good Auction To Sell Indian Artifact Found On Private Property

Megalodon_hunter

I am curious where one would sell an Indian Artifact found on Private property in the midwest?

I have a 7+inch Ramsey Point that I would like to sell at an auction.

Anyone have any advice they can lend rr point me in the right direction for Auctioning such an item?

"One of these day's I'm going to find a tooth over 3inches."

I am curious where one would sell an Indian Artifact found on Private property in the midwest?

I have a 7+inch Ramsey Point that I would like to sell at an auction.

Anyone have any advice they can lend rr point me in the right direction for Auctioning such an item?

You can try eBay if you're looking for an online auction forum. This might maximize your audience, but not guarantee you the highest dollar necessarily. Go to ebay and search on "Ramsey Point" to see if anyone else is selling something similar, and check previous auctions for the same to see what the final bid/price was when it sold. You should know what your specimen is "worth" before you attempt to sell or auction it off, otherwise how do you know if you're getting a good price for it or not. You might try other websites that sell similar Indian Artifacts to see if they buy as well as sell. In addition, they might be able to pt you in touch with another collector who might be interested in the item.

You mention private property in your initial post...is it your private property or someone else's? If someone else's, did you have permission to collect on their property? Just asking because I don't know what the significance of mentioning that it was found on private property is. If it was found on gov't land like a park would you have been able to collect it and sell it? I don't know what the laws are for this sort of thing, especially when it comes to Native American Indian artifacts.

Daryl.

I have sold some stuff here and was happy I guess.

My link

But think you would do better at ebay if you only have the one point to sale

Galveston Island 32 miles long 2 miles wide 134 bars 23 liquor stores any questions?

Evolution is Chimp Change.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass; it's about learning to dance in the rain!

"I like to listen. I have learned a great deal from listening carefully. Most people never listen." Ernest Hemingway

Talk to this guy >here<.

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

Thanks for the information.. I need to study the options available.

You can try eBay if you're looking for an online auction forum. This might maximize your audience, but not guarantee you the highest dollar necessarily. Go to ebay and search on "Ramsey Point" to see if anyone else is selling something similar, and check previous auctions for the same to see what the final bid/price was when it sold. You should know what your specimen is "worth" before you attempt to sell or auction it off, otherwise how do you know if you're getting a good price for it or not. You might try other websites that sell similar Indian Artifacts to see if they buy as well as sell. In addition, they might be able to pt you in touch with another collector who might be interested in the item.

You mention private property in your initial post...is it your private property or someone else's? If someone else's, did you have permission to collect on their property? Just asking because I don't know what the significance of mentioning that it was found on private property is. If it was found on gov't land like a park would you have been able to collect it and sell it? I don't know what the laws are for this sort of thing, especially when it comes to Native American Indian artifacts.

Daryl.

I read up on the laws at this site.. They really just protect burial sites.. My object is exempt. .

http://www.ibsgwatch.imagedjinn.com/learn/missourilaw.htm