Might Be Moving To Texas

sweeneyb

I may be moving to Midland, TX on Jan. 1 and was wondering if anyone knows of any good hunting in that area of texas or in nearby New Mexico.

I saw this online

Thousands of schoolkids and other visitors tour the Sibley Nature Center each year. The walls will familiarize folks with what might be expected to be seen when they are out gallivanting around the West Texas countryside. South of Midland, from Fort Stockton to Ozona, in almost every road cut through the mesas of the region, Cretaceous fossils are easy to find. Many species of bivalves, crinoids, echinoids, ammonites, snails, molluscs, and even sharks are represented in the Cretaceous fossils, along with hexacoral.

Sounds like that is a very rich fossil area and I like the part "in almost every road cut through the mesas of the region, Cretaceous fossils are easy to find.

Welcome to the forum!

We know tons of people in Texas! There are GREAT fossil finds there! You can always use this awesome link: Texas Fossil Sites

:) Yeh but do you know the often imitated but never duplicated tracer? :lol:

Bear-dog.

I will be heading there during the first week in December for an in person interview so I will have to drive to several places along the way and see what I find.