A New Ebay Giggle

Auspex

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

Can you say rip off :P they have a possitive and negative of somethin i donno what though

Guest solius symbiosus

Good one. It is up there with the "fossilized brain", and the "bird" conglomerate. :P

Ha ha...possibly it is related to this find on Cape Cod -

http://www.wickedlocal.com/yarmouth/archive/x1565506078

Were you in on that one, Auspex? It was a bird fossil, after all...

-Mary Ann

"There is nothing like geology; the pleasure of the first day's partridge shooting or first day's hunting cannot be compared to finding a fine group of fossil bones, which tell their story of former times with almost a living tongue." Charles Darwin, letter to his sister Catherine, 1834

What is it?????? :mellow:

I think it's a mineral stain in the slate. Too bad it doesn't look like Elvis; it would probably sell!

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

Ha ha...possibly it is related to this find on Cape Cod -

http://www.wickedlocal.com/yarmouth/archive/x1565506078

Were you in on that one, Auspex? It was a bird fossil, after all...

The bloody Brits beat me to it!

The rusted tape measure adds a convincing note of authenticity.

Besides fossils,

I collect roadcuts,

Stream beds,

Winter beaches:

Places of pilgrimage.

Jasper Burns, Fossil Dreams

Guest N.AL.hunter

As an Alabamian, I am ashamed!! However, you guys are being too hard on the person, they say it is a Fossel, not a fossil!! Which, on second thought, makes Alabama look even worse!! But hey, we have Auburn War Eagles who are the Tigers, and The Alabama Crimson Tide, which is an Elephant? Don't try to figure us out, just remember, we did bring you Lynard Skynard!!

What on earth was that? You need a mirror to see the fossil? Jesus.

Oh well, there's this idiot on Fossilweb.com right now who has submitted photos of this large cobble about fifteen different times, each time asking 'is this a bird, or a bat?" and each time I tell him its a large rock, he just posts another pic for ID, hoping we'll have a sudden epiphany and identify it as some flying vertebrate. Maybe I should just tell him it IS a bird or a bat, that might be entertaining instead of frustrating for once.

Grr!

• 2 months later...

Seller Feedback Rating: zero. First thing he's ever tried to sell; too bad it's only worth $100, tops.

Pretty funny. you can have a "fossel" for $12,000 :P

I like the Meg, "bidding starts at $650" then you look down and its at $600. Nice

Once in a life time find. I dont think I would sell a once in a lifetime find myself. :D

Too bad Ebay wouldnt flag all the typo posts on their site and let us look and make fun of them. Im sure theres a ton.

Bird??????

Anyone can see that is a very primitive form of todays Texas Longhorn!

Brian Evans

For every complex problem, there is a solution that is simple, neat, and wrong.