New York 4 Day Trip

TheFossilHunter

I'll be going to upstate NY for a 4 day trip this thursday night, back on Monday. Planning to go across from Albany all the way to Buffalo.

If any one of you is in the area, it might ber possible to meet and collect together. Let me know, guys.

Mike

What you been finding lately, Mike?

Grüße,

Daniel A. Wöhr aus Südtexas

"To the motivated go the spoils."

What you been finding lately, Mike?

I've been hunting within 5-7 hr drive from where I live, and that is in PA, NJ, NY, CT, and MA, and that means invertebrates and ichnofossils.

I've been mainly collecting reptile footprints, thats what i am trying to specialize in. Occasionally collected devonian and ordovician marine faunas. This coming trip will be for ordovician and devonian corals, stromatolites , trilobites and brachiopods.

Wish we could join you, but I think we are going to be too wiped after this week...we have an archaeologist staying with us (you know, that other science where we also dig in the dirt but find comparatively new things) and are doing a simulated dig with the kids and about 15 buddies in our yard...of course, it is pouring rain...they may still have energy come this weekend, but I will be exhausted! It's tough getting old...the kids think it is fun digging in the pouring rain... I just think it is cold and wet and time for an Irish Coffee!!

-Mary Ann

"There is nothing like geology; the pleasure of the first day's partridge shooting or first day's hunting cannot be compared to finding a fine group of fossil bones, which tell their story of former times with almost a living tongue." Charles Darwin, letter to his sister Catherine, 1834

Wish we could join you, but I think we are going to be too wiped after this week...we have an archaeologist staying with us (you know, that other science where we also dig in the dirt but find comparatively new things) and are doing a simulated dig with the kids and about 15 buddies in our yard...of course, it is pouring rain...they may still have energy come this weekend, but I will be exhausted! It's tough getting old...the kids think it is fun digging in the pouring rain... I just think it is cold and wet and time for an Irish Coffee!!

Well dont worry about it. maybe next time you'll get to join me. Good luck with your dig.

Mike

Normally I'd join you Mike but I will be in the Newport area this weekend. Good luck!