Megalodon Vertebral Column

meg123

In many article I have seen about megalodon vertebrae they says that the most complete set of associated megalodon teeth found was in belgium in the 1800's. The description says that it has 150 complete vertebrae and the largest is a little over 6 inches in diameter. Does anyone happen to have any more info. and possibly photos of this vertebrae column because I have searched time and time again and can't find any other photos.

Thanks

In many article I have seen about megalodon vertebrae they says that the most complete set of associated megalodon teeth found was in belgium in the 1800's. The description says that it has 150 complete vertebrae and the largest is a little over 6 inches in diameter. Does anyone happen to have any more info. and possibly photos of this vertebrae column because I have searched time and time again and can't find any other photos.

Thanks

Hello

Maybe this helps.

http://books.google.nl/books?id=2My8M5tL-KIC&pg=PA63&lpg=PA63&dq=The+vertebral+column+of+a+Belgium+The+vertebral+column+of+a+Belgium&source=bl&ots=3pmKY8cdpP&sig=6p_jZsMJxV8969qoG_Ac6Qa2GtI&hl=nl&ei=bSQGTd61IMqdOo7xyc0C&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=1&ved=0CBYQ6AEwADgU#v=onepage&q=The%20vertebral%20column%20of%20a%20Belgium%20The%20vertebral%20column%20of%20a%20Belgium&f=false

I don't think I've ever seen a close-up of any of the vertebrae other than in Leriche (1926: p. 426), and even then, it's just a photo of one vertebra. The photo in Klimley and Ainley's "Great White Sharks" is from a distance. I've seen a somewhat closer shot of it from another angle but can't recall the publication at the moment.

Leriche, M. 1926.

Les Poissons tertiaires de la Belgique. IV. Les Poissons Neogenes de la Belgique. Memoires du Musee Royal d'Histoire Naturelle de Belgique. 32.

Thanks