Langs Quarry, Ny

dalmanites14

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

From what I've heard, They charge to split the rock, and then charge you for the fossils you find, on top of it. dry.gif:unsure:

It's supposed to be a discount from their on-line prices, but I have problems paying to dig, and NOT being able to keep what you found without paying more.:wacko:

Of course, if you want to find your own eurypterid, pretty much the only way to do it in NY.

Regards,

Edited by Fossildude19

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png    VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015       MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg        IPFOTM -- MAY - 2024   IPFOTM5.png.fb4f2a268e315c58c5980ed865b39e1f.png

_________________________________________________________________________________
"In every walk with nature one receives far more than he seeks."

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

Of course, if you want to find your own eurypterid, pretty much the only way to do it in NY.

Regards,

There are other formations and exposures in NY that produce eurypterids. Many have come from the Buffalo area and into Ontario. BUT from what I understand the natural exposures are rare and you have to either get into a quarry or luck out with a construction site that is accessible.

I have a few very rare fragments of Silurian eurypterids from the Shawangunk Mountains but that is private land and another story.

Ive dug there 3 times. email me off list if you want more info

I've been thinking of buying some eurypterids from him. What do you think about his prices? TIA

I've been thinking of buying some eurypterids from him. What do you think about his prices? TIA

Not sure how his prices compare to the market right now. A few years back it seemsed to me they were consistent with the market. Some people at the springlfield fossil show a few years back were actually reselling the stuff they bought from him.