The History Of Fossil Diving Off Venice, Florida

Meghunter.net

I want to compile as much information as possible on the history of Venice Beach, Florida concerning the fossils for a possible article. Particularly the diving but also info on the beach collecting. If anyone could send me contact info for some of the old timers that would be willing to share it would be much appreciated.

Thanks, Al

www.meghunter.net Apparel Fossils Equipment

Just google the name Bill Royal. I think the title of one of his books is The Man who rode Sharks. It also includes Warm Mineral springs and caves. It's a great read . He passed away a few years ago but he's the MAN. The easy way to find the book is go to your local library , request it if they don't have it. I know there are copies of it here along the west coast of FL. They may charge you for postage if it has to come from outside your local library system. I also saw the book on Ebay but it was pretty expensive. Hoffy

I want to compile as much information as possible on the history of Venice Beach, Florida concerning the fossils for a possible article. Particularly the diving but also info on the beach collecting. If anyone could send me contact info for some of the old timers that would be willing to share it would be much appreciated.

Thanks, Al

Just google the name Bill Royal. I think the title of one of his books is The Man who rode Sharks. It also includes Warm Mineral springs and caves. It's a great read . He passed away a few years ago but he's the MAN. The easy way to find the book is go to your local library , request it if they don't have it. I know there are copies of it here along the west coast of FL. They may charge you for postage if it has to come from outside your local library system. I also saw the book on Ebay but it was pretty expensive. Hoffy

Thank you very much! I bought it off Amazon for $18. They have plenty. I can't believe after all the google searches I have done about fossil diving that book has never shown up. I wish I had it rush shipped now...

Thanks again!

www.meghunter.net Apparel Fossils Equipment