Finding Fossil Fish From China In My Shed. Wow!

RJB

Waaaay back when, quite a few years ago, I used to go to the big Tucson show. I think there was about 36 venues. Some venues quite large with an intire hotel with all 300 rooms of nothing but peoples from all over the world selling their wares. Even though I used to do 6 shows a year myself back then, I always thought that I would open my own rockshop, I did lots of shopping. I did quit all my shows and stopped going to Tucson because one day I realized that I didnt want another job. Anyways, while there one day I came across this one room that was selling all these little fishes from china. The thing was I had to buy an intire flat/box of these things. Some looked good and others not so good, but the price was right. I sold most of them. So, the other day while my son and I were going through many, many, many boxes of stuff in my fossil shed I came across this little fish from china. It didnt look to good to me, but I also didnt have my glasses on, my son said it looked like the fish was complete but parts were going under the rock. I decided to bring it home. Once home, and putting on my 'opti-visor' I could easily see what my son was talking about. There was some rock covering about 1/3 of the head, the top fin and most of the tail. Within 4 or 5 minutes of my ARO airsscribe, and some chisle work to clean up the rock around it, it came out freakin GORGOUS!!! I think this is known as 'Lycoptera', and maybe cretaceous? Not sure of the spelling. or age.

RB

post-171-1212274885_thumb.jpg

One of the nicest looking Chinese fish I've seen. Congrats. (Wish I had a fossil shed).

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

That's gorgeous.

What is your "first" job btw?

Hey Serack. I call myself a 'Professional Bum'!! I dont have a real job and I dont make a dime. My wife and I made a deal when we moved here to Montana that I would work on the house that we bought, We are adding on 3 additions to this little house that we bought. I do all the work over our 3 year plan to make this $115,000 dollar house into a $300,000 dollar house without going for a loan. This way, she can use me for 1 more dependant for more taxes back at the end of each year, and when this building stuff is all done, along with the federal housing thing with selling a house under $500,000 and to pay no taxes on it, I will have one heck of a big paycheck at the end of this project, and the the best thing, all the work that I really do do, and pay not a freakin penny in taxes on all that moneys!!! Believe me, Ive got this stuff figured out!!! So just call me "Mr. Bum". Ha!!!

RB