Sharpening Airpen Tips?

Ammojoe

Hello Guys,

I have an airpen and the tip is reguarly getting blunt. What method do you find most sucessful for sharpening them? Is a standard dremmel tool with attachments strong enough to sharpen the tungsten carbide?

Kind Regards,

Joe

Kind regards,

Joe

Use a grinder (or a grinding tip on your Dremmel), and take care not to overheat the tungsten.

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

I'll try not to overheat it. Most of the attachments seem not strong enough, does anybody know of a place to purchase strong enough attachments?

Joe

Kind regards,

Joe

Tungsten carbide bits have a hardness of nine. Diamonds have a hardness of ten... you gotta use a diamond wheel. I have in the past found good ones for inexpensive at Kent's Tools. They seem to not have anyone working on their website, so it is pretty user unfriendly. But there is a "send us an email" section. What you want is a diamond wheel for a Dremel. Dremel makes this one My link, but it has holes... me no like for sharpening.

These guys (Pfingst) have what you want for a bit more money. They even come in different grits. These are the cream of the crop, as far as I am concerned.

Joe.... I'm pretty sure Ken mannion does a little diamond disc arrangement to fit a dremmel for sharpening tips... maybe contact ken....

Cheers Steve... And Welcome if your a New Member... :)