Happy Valentine's Day!

fossilman7

happy v day forum! :wub:

i live in connecticut which sucks in fossils

but i and my dad are lokking for dino fossil sites, perferably out west. any seggestions?

p.s. i dont own a jumbo jet, so nothin too expensive but if there are any fossil cqamps, that will be great. :wub::blush:

Yes, CT is not the richest in fossils, but you do have some cool stuff... Triassic fishes soemwhere. I had a friend once here in WY who grew up in CT and said she used to find fossil fishes in her backyard. I grew up in MA and never had such luck.

But I am rambling... are you looking to collect dinos for yourself? Or help out a museum dig? If its the latter I will, again, shamelessly plug my own museum's dino digs that I am in charge of. I work for the Tate Museum, part of Casper College in Casper, WY and we are planning two field sessions this summer... one in Aug and one in Sept. One dig will foocus on a bonebed which may contain a hadrosaur skeleton. Fnding out is part of the plan this summer. The second week will likely focus on a different hadrosaur site.

Here is our web site...

Tate Musuem

On the web site, click on the gray box that says "Activities", then click on "Tate summer digs" All the info you need is there, and you can call me to ask questions... if you need to.

I am not sure who does collect-dinos-for-yourself trips anymore. I used to be one of the few who did, but that was almost ten yrs ago.