Which Formation Do Summerville Megs Come From?

THobern

The descriptions of these and other Pleistocene beds can be found in a book authored by Albert E.Sanders from the Charleston, S.C. Museum. The book is entitled "Additions to the Pleistocene Mammal Faunas of South Caroline, North Carolina and Georgia".

That's some good information. I've heard the Wando Formation mentioned many times but had never been able to find a description until I looked up the publication you referenced. I'll be ordering a hard copy of the publication. It looks good.

Thanks Angus! Great informative post.

I am very late discovering this thread, but I thought I would put my two cent's worth in. I have been collecting the oligocene beds in Summerville since the mid 1960's, spending untold thousands of hours working the Chandler Bridge and Ashley formations.

---Wie Wasser schleift den Stein, wir steigen und fallen---

Mr. Not Reworked,

Mr. Stydens was already an expert on SC geology over twenty years ago when I met him in Denver or Tucson. It appears he's read a few more books and walked the earth a few more times since then.

Did I tell you I'm thinking of changing my name to Extracteur de Dents?

Thanks Angus! Great informative post.

hahaha I like the sound of that one too. I have a few things I would like to send you, can you drop me your address again? It would be easier than digging through old mail :>

.steve

Mr. Not Reworked,

Mr. Stydens was already an expert on SC geology over twenty years ago when I met him in Denver or Tucson. It appears he's read a few more books and walked the earth a few more times since then.

Did I tell you I'm thinking of changing my name to Extracteur de Dents?

---Wie Wasser schleift den Stein, wir steigen und fallen---