Need Help Again On A Trilo!

MOROPUS

This one was guiven to me as a present on my birthday 5 years ago.The man on the shop just tell them that was a Moroccan one... and that`s it! I manage to look to some internet stuff,and the only thing I cansaid is that is older than the Erfoud devonic fauna.And is really big (more or less 35 cmts.)

It has a minor restoration (only a stone angle stick again).I have both the positive and negative print.

post-62-1213970194_thumb.jpg

post-62-1213970282_thumb.jpg

post-62-1213970298_thumb.jpg

This one was guiven to me as a present on my birthday 5 years ago.The man on the shop just tell them that was a Moroccan one... and that`s it! I manage to look to some internet stuff,and the only thing I cansaid is that is older than the Erfoud devonic fauna.And is really big (more or less 35 cmts.)

It has a minor restoration (only a stone angle stick again).I have both the positive and negative print.

post-62-1213970194_thumb.jpg

post-62-1213970282_thumb.jpg

post-62-1213970298_thumb.jpg

Trilobite :thumbsup:

I think you asked me to make a comment about whether this trilobite is a fake. Without close examination it would be difficult to tell. I have seen a lot of these at shows and most are not faked. If there is repair work you can usually tell because the paint job to cover up the repair is not very good. I don't see any paint work on your specimen. I do believe that these trilobites are fairly common and there is no need for fakery. The fact that you have the negative pretty much confirms that it is not a fake. No one would make a fake negative. I am not a trilobite expert but I do think that it is Devonian and the genus is something like Andalusia. Maybe a trilo expert can confirm the ID.

It seems to be a cambropallas telesto from the cambrian of Morocco probably from alnif region