Winner Of The March 2011 Invertebrate / Plant Find Of The Month!

JohnJ

post-420-0-68137900-1302016838_thumb.jpg

The Winner of the March 2011 Invertebrate / Plant Find Of The Month is an incredible assemblage of Pleurocystites cystoids with Isotomocrinus crinoid crown from the Ordovician age Bobcaygeon Formation in Ontario, Canada! Another round of congratulations to Kevin (Northern Sharks) on his second win in this category! :goodjob:

Thanks to everyone else that shared your finds with The Fossil Forum.

The human mind has the ability to believe anything is true.  -  JJ

Congratulations Kevin! and super prep to the other Kevin.... the Kevin duo wins.

Edited by pleecan

Well done!

Congratulations Kevin :goodjob:

Astrinos P. Damianakis

Congrats, Kevin, a truly beautiful fossil and Prep!!!Carmine :jig:

"Your serpent of Egypt is bred now of your mud by the operation of your sun; so is your crocodile." Lepidus

That's fantastic! Congratulations!

In formal logic, a contradiction is the signal of defeat: but in the evolution of real knowledge, it marks the first step in progress toward victory.

Alfred North Whithead

'Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia!'

What an incredible fossil.. Perfect for display too

Welcome to the forum!

Congratulations... ;)

Cheers Steve... And Welcome if your a New Member... :)

Congratulations! Nice trophy, too!

Andy (redbrick)

"All living things do one of two things. They either grow, or they die. When they stop growing, they immediately start dying. The mind is also a living thing."

Thanks everyone (again) for the kind words, and another thank you to Trilobitologist for the prep. This one will be in my collection for a looooong time

There's no limit to what you can accomplish when you're supposed to be doing something else

Wow, When did you collect that piece? What a great fossil to display in the collection. I'ma have to come up and visit it soon. :)

-Dave

Geologists on the whole are inconsistent drivers. When a roadcut presents itself, they tend to lurch and weave. To them, the roadcut is a portal, a fragment of a regional story, a proscenium arch that leads their imaginations into the earth and through the surrounding terrain. - John McPhee

If I'm going to drive safely, I can't do geology. - John McPhee

Check out my Blog for more fossils I've found: http://viewsofthemahantango.blogspot.com/

Wow, When did you collect that piece? What a great fossil to display in the collection. I'ma have to come up and visit it soon. :)

Collected in 2008, prepped at the beginning of March. Had I known how good it would turn out, I would have had it done much earlier

There's no limit to what you can accomplish when you're supposed to be doing something else

Very fantastic find and awesome prep-work. It would be nice to know a little more about it.

"Silence is Golden, but duct tape is Silver."

Very fantastic find and awesome prep-work. It would be nice to know a little more about it.

What would you like to know?

• 2 weeks later...