How Much Do You Think This Tooth On Ebay Is Worth?

Paleoworld-101

Here's the link:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160570656908&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

It's a GREAT Otodus Obliques tooth, i'm wanting to bid for it. How much do you think it's worth?

"In Africa, one can't help becoming caught up in the spine-chilling excitement of the hunt. Perhaps, it has something to do with a memory of a time gone by, when we were the prey, and our nights were filled with darkness..."

-Eternal Enemies: Lions And Hyenas

hi paléo

this is a nice theeth , but commun too ..., the sallers doesn't sayed about where she come from ...

is it a theeth from Morroco ? i think , from Kouribgah phosphat place .

don't use to much your Money .. ;)

eric.

hi paléo

this is a nice theeth , but commun too ..., the sallers doesn't sayed about where she come from ...

is it a theeth from Morroco ? i think , from Kouribgah phosphat place .

don't use to much your Money .. ;)

eric.

The seller gives the location if you scroll down. I am not into O.O. teeth but over 3 inches and w/o repair/resto they can easily attain 50$ and more.

lebenty twelb samolians and fifty-three cents!!!!

but cirrusly, um, i'm thinkin' that when you find some auction online that you want somepin from then if it's a flossil and you posdt it here you might have drove the price and bidders up hugely but that's your bidness.

me i only bid on stuff that matches my eyes.

so far, nothing does.

Worth whatever you're willing to pay for it.

:) I agree,I have seen fossils on auction go for up to 3x what they were worth,because someone wanted them more. :D

Bear-dog.

Search for Otodus on Ebay and sort by price -- Teeth not as nice as this one are "Buy-It-Now" for $200 plus, there is an Auction for a tooth very similar starting at $99

I looked in completed listing and a tooth same size and quality sold at $118 a couple of weeks ago.

It is likely that IF YOU BUY ON EBAY, this will cost something around $125. That is why you might search for private sellers if you have the time to look for one you really like for a much lower price.

Strategy, Watch the auction for next 8 days, look at the price with 1 hours to go. If it is close to your max, add $20 and bid in the last 2 minutes.

I have some fantastic deals on ebay, just bidding on items that for whatever reasons do not get activity. I got the following Angustidens for 7 dollars and 50 cents!!! -- I feel like a thief compared to the prices on other ebay shark teeth.

post-2220-0-72612500-1302450388_thumb.jpg

The White Queen  ".... in her youth she could believe "six impossible things before breakfast"

The seller gives the location if you scroll down. I am not into O.O. teeth but over 3 inches and w/o repair/resto they can easily attain 50$ and more.

I agree, somewhere in the $50-$60 (USD) range. I sold one a couple of years ago around the same size and got $60 for it. Some sellers seem to get more for their teeth than others, hence the $118. If it goes higher than $60, I'd start looking around online.

There's no limit to what you can accomplish when you're supposed to be doing something else

nice Otodus with some interesting pathology on the cusplets. I would not turn it down in my collection. Value? depends on badly you want it. Worth more than double the starting price.

Edited by Paleoc

Otodus are pretty common, but with slight pathology, and it being complete and never broken, Id probably pay 50-60.00 Anything more and I would continue looking....

DO, or do not. There is no try.

Here is a GEM 2 13/16th Otodus that just sold for about $104 including shipping costs. You could have picked it up with a $105-$110 bud in the last 15 seconds.

EbayLink

Do you bid on this one? I offered my top bid of $70 which I thought was too much but it was a nice tooth.

The White Queen  ".... in her youth she could believe "six impossible things before breakfast"

Here is a GEM 2 13/16th Otodus that just sold for about $104 including shipping costs. You could have picked it up with a $105-$110 bud in the last 15 seconds.

EbayLink

Do you bid on this one? I offered my top bid of $70 which I thought was too much but it was a nice tooth.

That is from one of the sellers I was referring to. They always have great quality specimens, but they also get a lot more for them. With some searching, you could find a similar tooth for half the price (or less)

There's no limit to what you can accomplish when you're supposed to be doing something else

Darn... the Otodus tooth has gone way to high in price, over $97. Someone must really be desperate for it, it's not even worth that much! Ugh i really really hate auctions, all they do is get your hopes up with a low starting price and frustrate you when someone outbids you in the last second. I'd prefer a reasonably priced "buy it now" any day.

Oh, and earlier today i bid for a great 5.5" Diplomystus fish, until i got outbid by less than a dollar in the very last second, and i just saw a perfect 7cm "gem" Spinosaurus tooth that was really low priced (with 1 and a half days to go, so it must have already been up for a few days) and suddenly less than 10 mins after i added it to my watch list and decided that i want to get it, it almost tripled in price. It seems like everyone wants the fossils i want and that no one understands bidding with 5 days of the auction left is just jacking up the price for no reason. Stupid people. Sorry if i'm rambling with frustration but i just wanted to say that Ebay sucks >.<

Edited by Paleoworld-101

"In Africa, one can't help becoming caught up in the spine-chilling excitement of the hunt. Perhaps, it has something to do with a memory of a time gone by, when we were the prey, and our nights were filled with darkness..."

-Eternal Enemies: Lions And Hyenas

the object of collecting fossils is to have a good time with it. to have fun, learn, and derive satisfaction from the involvement with the paleo world.

there are a number of ways to do that. maybe you should leave the auction concept alone for awhile and try some other ways of being involved with and acquiring fossils.