The Fossils Paradise

MB

Hello everybody :)

Just I have been doing the last years I tell you that the july 19 and 20 is the Fossil Fair of Millau, in France.

As more of you knows, there is a big festival for the traders and collector of fossils.

Very good ambient , friendship, sun always, (except the last year....) ... I wish you were there, guys :rolleyes:

Guest bmorefossil
Hello everybody :)

Just I have been doing the last years I tell you that the july 19 and 20 is the Fossil Fair of Millau, in France.

As more of you knows, there is a big festival for the traders and collector of fossils.

Very good ambient , friendship, sun always, (except the last year....) ... I wish you were there, guys :rolleyes:

what kind of fossils are there, stuff from all over the world or just France

Sounds great, wish I could go! Will you be taking pictures (hint hint)?

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

Sounds great, wish I could go! Will you be taking pictures (hint hint)?

Hi all,

Bemore..., yes fossils around the world, hundreds of collectors trading high variety of stuff, and there are two zones, one for the professionals dealers in a city hall, and two, outdoor zone, under the tree shadow for the collectors, on a lovely french park.

Aus.., I promis you photos of the event.

:)

• 4 weeks later...

I was the whole weekend thinking about Millou and you guys you, Pepe, Domingo,... i hope that you enjoy a lot there and got a lot of fossils!!!. I tried to get over my frustration buying some nice trilobites on ebay jejejeej.

I am looking forward to see the pictures!

What a beautiful, casual environment in which to go fossil hunting!

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

Guest N.AL.hunter

5th picture, green table. WOW!! Those echinoids are huge!! Thanks a lot for the pictures. Helps to make the world smaller.

WOOOOOOOOOO i regret bot going there!!!!!!! I must go next week for enjoying that wonderful fair with nice people like you!!! I can not see any trilo there ;) maybe you have a picture with trilos...

I hope you have fun there and you made some good trades!!

PS: Are you coming to the San Vicente fair in September? it would be from 9-13 september and ususally they also organize a small trading market

5th picture, green table. WOW!! Those echinoids are huge!! Thanks a lot for the pictures. Helps to make the world smaller.

Those echinoids are clypeasters probably altus or portentosus. They are one of the goals of fossil hunting in Spain because they can be found in several Miocene localities and as you can see they are beautiful

Guest N.AL.hunter

That is on my must have list, just did not know they got that big. Really impressive. Looks like another hole in my bank account some time soon!

WOOOOOOOOOO i regret bot going there!!!!!!! I must go next week for enjoying that wonderful fair with nice people like you!!! I can not see any trilo there ;) maybe you have a picture with trilos...

I hope you have fun there and you made some good trades!!

PS: Are you coming to the San Vicente fair in September? it would be from 9-13 september and ususally they also organize a small trading market

For sure there was plenty of trilos, but not pictures of them, sorry, huges and awesome trilos from Bretagne and Valongo in Portugal I saw there.

But talking about Clypeaster, here is how them can be decoratives... in the garden :P:D:P

post-41-1216847000_thumb.jpg

That is on my must have list...Looks like another hole in my bank account some time soon!

Here's one, at a top-drawer dealer: http://www.crystalarium.com/products.asp?pid=7475

That is on my must have list, just did not know they got that big. Really impressive. Looks like another hole in my bank account some time soon!

More green table, from a friend with I did the travel.

The only problem, is the 20 euro per kg when we are sending those echinoids to the US, yes them are making a big hole in my pocket.

But , lacking me some crab species from Alabama, when you want a Clypeaster, just call me :)

Guest N.AL.hunter

Nice haul of specimens. Curious to how much a whole box of shark teeth from Morocco costs? You do not have to say if you don't want to, but it might be neat to get a large lot like that and create you own prehistoric shark jaw. As for your earlier posts about Alabama Crabs, I have only one specimen still in matrix from Bama, so do not have any for trading, sorry. I have a couple from Mississippi, but they have no legs.

Nice haul of specimens. Curious to how much a whole box of shark teeth from Morocco costs? You do not have to say if you don't want to, but it might be neat to get a large lot like that and create you own prehistoric shark jaw. As for your earlier posts about Alabama Crabs, I have only one specimen still in matrix from Bama, so do not have any for trading, sorry. I have a couple from Mississippi, but they have no legs.

15 euro per kg, but I had it for 10 euro per kg, and a bunchof them as a gift .

Just for my kid, but now, at home, I think I will give him someones and keep for me the rest :D

Seriously, those teeths are very devaluated, but there are a lot of good teeht and good variety of species.

I remember how many money I paid ago for one or two of those teeth...

If new or interesting species for me, no legs is not a problem for me, I love them also, if never you want trade, I'm ready.

:)