Winner Of The April 2011 Invertebrate / Plant Find Of The Month!

JohnJ

post-420-0-54648700-1304695631_thumb.jpg

The Winner of the April 2011 Invertebrate / Plant Find Of The Month is the Hemipteran insect (part and counterpart) from the Lower Middle Eocene Allenby Formation of British Columbia, Canada! Palaeopix's find 'truly bugged' an outstanding group of fossils. Congratulations to Dan on his 3rd win in this contest with another top shelf find!

Thanks to everyone else that shared your finds with The Fossil Forum.

:goodjob:

The human mind has the ability to believe anything is true.  -  JJ

Congrets that is one awsome bug, it laid out perfect in the matrix, a deserving win--Tom

Grow Old Kicking And Screaming !!
"Don't Tread On Me"

Congratulations Dan!!!

Peter

Edited by pleecan

Bravo Dan! Hey.... how about a heads-up on the next insect entry? :P

I might have to hold back on the next plant fossil from Oregon.... :unsure:

Never had a chance! Congratulations on another great FOTM win !! :D

image.png.a84de26dad44fb03836a743755df237c.png

Congrats Dan for this beauty (and it's brother):goodjob:

The tiny wings worked and for the huge feathers, but I have been more stuck on the second ones...:)

Astrinos P. Damianakis

that's just so awesome! Congrats. :D

In formal logic, a contradiction is the signal of defeat: but in the evolution of real knowledge, it marks the first step in progress toward victory.

Alfred North Whithead

'Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia!'

Congratulations Dan, beautiful bug!!!!:)

"Your serpent of Egypt is bred now of your mud by the operation of your sun; so is your crocodile." Lepidus

Congratulations, Dan.... Your hunting grounds are sure packed with very good

fossils so all I can say is, STOP IT! :P :lol:

Welcome to the forum!

Wow!!!!!

I'd like to thank everyone who voted for my entry. It's a bit overwhelming to have another of my finds acknowledged as IPFOTM! I've had some incredible luck collecting over the past year and look forward to finding some more stunners! I really enjoy showing off my finds here on The Fossil Forum and equally enjoy seeing the other amazing finds that everyone comes up with each month.

I'd also like to say congratulations to the collectors of all of the other great entries, last month. I'd especially like to say congratulations to Peter, for that very cool Goniatite with encrusting Bryozoans. I knew it was going to be a tough one to beat so again congratulations on a super find Peter!

I was torn between voting for my "Bug" or choosing between Don's amazing Paratrinucleus plate, Caleb's super cool Sphaerocoryphe or Peter's killer Tornoceras, so I ended up taking the easy way out and voting for my own entry!;)

I'm l really looking forward to seeing what everyone comes up with this month and from what I've seen so far this could be another great month for IPFOTM!

Thanks again and Happy Collecting!!!!!:D

Dan

Dan...Very nice.... Congratulations... :)

Cheers Steve... And Welcome if your a New Member... :)