Pathological Paleohypotodus Shark Tooth?

Sharktoothguy11222

Here is a possible pathological Palaeohypotodus shark tooth. But, what struck me as weird, is the presence of serrations near the root and slowly going across the blade. Unless I'm completely stupid(which I'm not :P) but sand tiger sharks don't have serrations(except for the pathological serrated cusps). And, this is the only tooth that I can think of that has this basic form and shape. It is from the Early Paleocene Epoch from the Aquia Formation of Maryland.

P.S. sorry, can't get any better pics, the tooth isn't mine.

post-282-1215079560_thumb.jpgpost-282-1215079568_thumb.jpg

Tha tighin fodham, fodham, fodham!

It's not pathological, just a positional thing. Elasmo states that some Palaeohypotodus teeth, especially laterals like this one, will have serrations near the base.

• I found this Informative 1

There's no limit to what you can accomplish when you're supposed to be doing something else

It's not pathological, just a positional thing. Elasmo states that some Palaeohypotodus teeth, especially laterals like this one, will have serrations near the base.

OK, thanks :cool:

Tha tighin fodham, fodham, fodham!

Guest bmorefossil

is it just me or do the more lateral teeth have a better chance of being serrated becuase a few of my laterals are serrated.