4th Of July Trip, Who Said Getting A Late Start Was A Bad Thing

Guest bmorefossil

Guest bmorefossil

well this trip really started on fathers day when i found a broken meg and the guy i was with told me he never picks them up. Well this is why i do.... We didnt get to the beach untill 1 as we drove up we could already see 4 people on the beach. so we got the boat up on the beach just like any day and began to hunt. We really just wanted to see if the boat motor was still working and get some pictures for the people coming to the trip on thursday and friday to get an idea of what to look for. So i decided to walk twoards the people and got to about 20 feet away and in the water was a broken 2.5inch meg. I almost put in in my pocket but noticed how similar it was to a meg i found 10 feet from where i found this meg and the more i looked the more it seemed to be the other half. So i was really happy. I showed the two women and then stayed around where i found it for another hour. Nothing was going on and a few more people were coming down the beach so i went to show my father the tooth. He didnt think it was the other half and laughed at me and told me that would never happen. So i took him to where i found the meg and he says OH MY!!!! and i turn around and go what!!! what!!!!. He wouldnt tell me what he had and he didnt have to, he showed me this nice deformed Alopias Grandis. i couldnt believe i stepped over it. So he kept walking down the beach and i stayed right there and found a 1 1/4 inch meg feet from where the grandis was. A few seconds later the biggest hemi of the trip. We looked around for another hour or so but left when 4 more people came. When i got home i rushed upstairs to get the other broken meg and sure enough a perfect match!!!!!!

here are some pictures for anyone on the trip to look at see if you can find the teeth in the pictures.

post-17-1215389175_thumb.jpg

post-17-1215389194_thumb.jpg

post-17-1215389227_thumb.jpg

post-17-1215389252_thumb.jpg

post-17-1215389338_thumb.jpg

post-17-1215389437_thumb.jpg

post-17-1215389487_thumb.jpg

Pretty cool, bemorefossil

Bet that doesn't happen often,,,a perfect match! :D

Welcome to the forum!

Guest bmorefossil
Pretty cool, bemorefossil

Bet that doesn't happen often,,,a perfect match! :D

no it doesnt i already started a thing on the forum trying to find the other parts to some of my megs lol

What a story!! Congratulations; I bet you'll never forget that find!

Thanks for the virtual fossil hunt; you did get that nice croc tooth out of the red clay boulder, didn't you?

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

...you did get that nice croc tooth out of the red clay boulder, didn't you?

MADE YOU LOOK! :P

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

Guest bmorefossil
MADE YOU LOOK! :P

no i found a posterior meg in the iron covered block, i found the croc. tooth in the surf

no i found a posterior meg in the iron covered block, i found the croc. tooth in the surf

Touche'

well this trip really started on fathers day when i found a broken meg and the guy i was with told me he never picks them up. Well this is why i do.... We didnt get to the beach untill 1 as we drove up we could already see 4 people on the beach. so we got the boat up on the beach just like any day and began to hunt. We really just wanted to see if the boat motor was still working and get some pictures for the people coming to the trip on thursday and friday to get an idea of what to look for. So i decided to walk twoards the people and got to about 20 feet away and in the water was a broken 2.5inch meg. I almost put in in my pocket but noticed how similar it was to a meg i found 10 feet from where i found this meg and the more i looked the more it seemed to be the other half. So i was really happy. I showed the two women and then stayed around where i found it for another hour. Nothing was going on and a few more people were coming down the beach so i went to show my father the tooth. He didnt think it was the other half and laughed at me and told me that would never happen. So i took him to where i found the meg and he says OH MY!!!! and i turn around and go what!!! what!!!!. He wouldnt tell me what he had and he didnt have to, he showed me this nice deformed Alopias Grandis. i couldnt believe i stepped over it. So he kept walking down the beach and i stayed right there and found a 1 1/4 inch meg feet from where the grandis was. A few seconds later the biggest hemi of the trip. We looked around for another hour or so but left when 4 more people came. When i got home i rushed upstairs to get the other broken meg and sure enough a perfect match!!!!!!

here are some pictures for anyone on the trip to look at see if you can find the teeth in the pictures.

That is one incredible story - the "two piece" megalodon. I've heard of such findings but I believe this is the first time I've ever seen a :D definitive example of such a happening. Big time Congratulations.

Guest bmorefossil
That is one incredible story - the "two piece" megalodon. I've heard of such findings but I believe this is the first time I've ever seen a :D definitive example of such a happening. Big time Congratulations.

yea thanks man, a buddy of mine found to broken megs and put them together and i have always wanted one of my own.

wow, finding 2 halves of the same great tooth 2 weeks apart. what are the chances!

awesome story

I love the in situ shots the most. They always give others the thrill of the hunt.

Grüße,

Daniel A. Wöhr aus Südtexas

"To the motivated go the spoils."

Guest bmorefossil
I love the in situ shots the most. They always give others the thrill of the hunt.

i got more if you want me to post them

Guest bmorefossil

ok now i want to know if this is strange or anything but i usually find 2 Galeocerdo contortus above 1" i found one today almost 1 1/4!!!!

Guest bmorefossil
The chances of that really are ridiculously small .... congratulations, looks like a serious loot! Love the deformed thresher btw :-)

yea everyone forgets about it lol shame it is broken

The last pic would make good wallpaper!

here are a few more, some of the good ones didint come out

Great Trip---Love the Thresher. The cream colored rock next to the hemi in picture 3 looks like an internal clam mold.....similar to ones I find in Aurora. Congrats on your finds

Guest bmorefossil

i think it was but they are so fragile here that they just fall apart )= i only have 2 or 3 molds, ill get some pictures

Guest N.AL.hunter

Way to go Bmore!! As I tried to explain Sunday, we have modem issues at home, so could not open pictures until I got to work. Looking forward to meeting you all in a couple of days!!

i have also found a piece of meg and then found another piece. i got home and started to look at them and sure enough they fit. nice finds

UnDeRgRoUnD Fossil Club.