My First Trip Of The Year

Fsrumm

• New Members

These are from my first trip of the year that i got on vacation, they are from the Florasant fossil quarry near the Florisant fossil beds park. These arn't that good though cuase i was limited to only 1 hour looking, but unlike the other people in my group i was able to find what i think are some interesting things: I found 4 bugs, 2 of them small, but one good one, and one incomplete hard to identify one ( it looks like maybe the top part of a dragonfly), and then lots of other plant parts: leafs, one pine needle, wood, plant parts, and maybe a bud/berry thing that im not sure on.

nice bug

t_IMG5601m_fdb97b5.jpg

leaf

t_IMG5607m_760c26b.jpg

bud/berry/cone?

t_IMG5608m_4d9059e.jpg

dragonfly top part maybe?

t_IMG5611m_05f2987.jpg

plant part

t_IMG5612m_c6cb8ed.jpg

pine needle

t_IMG5614m_10f5a11.jpg

bug

t_IMG5627m_2b1af5e.jpg

another bug

t_IMG5628m_81739ea.jpg

plus I hope i did those pictures right, I was really confused on hpw to do them right.

post-594-1215530857_thumb.jpg

Guest solius symbiosus

Welcome to the forum. Nice finds for one hours work ... thanks for sharing the pics.

Guest bmorefossil

welcome to the forum, that is some great stuff for just one trip, and they stand out so well!!!

Only an hour? You hit the right spot. for sure! Did you get to the museum there?

I love the preservation in that ash, though I only have one fossil from there (a feather).

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

• New Members

I went to the park there yes and hiked to see the petrified wood. And a feather is cool, in the quarry i was at they said someone had found one bird, but that they were VERY rare.