Shark Tooth Hill Question- Equipment Etc...

Monk

I am thinking about making the drive up to STH from Los Angeles and need a checklist of gear for the dig. Right now all I have is a geology hammer and your basic garden shovel. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Monk

Here is some general info: My link

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

I am thinking about making the drive up to STH from Los Angeles and need a checklist of gear for the dig. Right now all I have is a geology hammer and your basic garden shovel. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Monk

A 2-3 foot pry bar, 3 pound hand sledge and shovel either d-handled or a smaller Army entrenching tool. A sifter if you have one of if not no real problem. A whisk brush is useful. Large Beach umbrella if your digging during the warmer days. Gloves, plenty of water and containers and protectiver paper to wrap your finds. Officially a face mask to protect against valley fever because believe me when I say it is a very real threat.

If only my teeth are so prized a million years from now!