Great White Lower Jaw Teeth

MikeDOTB

After the most recent Great White Monster was just posted, it got me to wondering if anyone has ever seen a 3" Lower Great White.

If you have a photo of one, or if you have one in your collection, how bout posting some photos. And even if its not 3"; if you have a big lower tooth, post it anyways!

Thanks for any response!

Edited by MikeDOTB

DO, or do not. There is no try.

3 1/8 inch Chile tooth I believe, lower anterior

GW_lg_lower600_chile0640.jpg

Shoot, I can never see photos posted from photobucket or flickr. But thanks for posting it!

Is this from your collection?

Shoot, I can never see photos posted from photobucket or flickr. But thanks for posting it!

Is this from your collection?

here is the picture that was posted.

post-1554-0-72416100-1309571967_thumb.jpg

gallery_17_41_9178.jpg

Yes

your collection is amazing, i was very impressed when i first saw those hemis, now everytime you post a new picture it doesnt shock me come to find out you own it.

gallery_17_41_9178.jpg

Yes

Great googily moogily thats a fat tooth! And definitely the largest I have ever seen to this point. Wow, how many great white lowers over 2.5" do you have in total???

Steve, thanks for the assist!

Great googily moogily thats a fat tooth! And definitely the largest I have ever seen to this point. Wow, how many great white lowers over 2.5" do you have in total???

Steve, thanks for the assist!

5/8 inch thick.

That's by far the largest lower I have, the next largest is 2 inch (would have been 2 1/4 if the tip hadn't been busted off) from GMR.

Edited by Paleoc

5/8 inch thick.

That's by far the largest lower I have, the next largest is 2 inch (would have been 2 1/4 if the tip hadn't been busted off) from GMR.

Thats quite a size difference. How often have you wandered GMR looking for shark teeth? Complete lowers are just completely rare. I have 4-5 that are complete, 3 that are absolutely gorgeous. But the anterior lower teeth on the larger side are just extremely rare. I have seen found by other people or myself probably two dozen Great Whites at 2 1/2" or larger and only one of them was a lower jaw tooth. If you look at lowers, that number rises to maybe 125 perfect teeth and maybe 8 of them had been lowers. I know its normal that upper teeth are more commonly found then lower teeth for many species. But I am just surprised there still isnt a lot of large lowers posted on the internet.

Just random thought of the day I guess. Hopefully someone else will post some big lowers they have.

Found or purchased or acquired in a trade. Lets see em!

Thats quite a size difference. How often have you wandered GMR looking for shark teeth? Complete lowers are just completely rare. I have 4-5 that are complete, 3 that are absolutely gorgeous. But the anterior lower teeth on the larger side are just extremely rare. I have seen found by other people or myself probably two dozen Great Whites at 2 1/2" or larger and only one of them was a lower jaw tooth. If you look at lowers, that number rises to maybe 125 perfect teeth and maybe 8 of them had been lowers. I know its normal that upper teeth are more commonly found then lower teeth for many species. But I am just surprised there still isnt a lot of large lowers posted on the internet.

Just random thought of the day I guess. Hopefully someone else will post some big lowers they have.

Found or purchased or acquired in a trade. Lets see em!

I have a 2 1/4 and a couple others just barely over 2.

My favorite GW lower. GMR tooth:

P7030038.jpg

Edited by RickNC

Nothing over 3" but here is my largest GW lower as well as a large transitional mako-GW lower

post-77-0-28489500-1309804089_thumb.jpg

post-77-0-22530100-1309804107_thumb.jpg

There's no limit to what you can accomplish when you're supposed to be doing something else