Cool Tooth

FossilMick

I saw that one as well, but when I saw it, I don't think there were any bids. Now it's up over $200 and it's repaired. Wicked looking tooth, but that price is a bit extreme in my opinion.

There's no limit to what you can accomplish when you're supposed to be doing something else

Guest bmorefossil

you know i dont want to sound wrong here but i dont think i would buy that tooth, it has repairs and i have seen more colorful teeth come out of bakersfield for alot less, northern how much did you pay for yours?

That thing is sooo beautiful..... I don't know 200 bucks doesn't sound bad to me for it :P Although its probably gonna double that before the auction is over.

The one I use as my avatar was also from ebay and I don't think it was more than $50, probably closer to $35.

There's no limit to what you can accomplish when you're supposed to be doing something else

These Ebay sellers are clever. Look at this one. CLEVER SELLER

The seller claims that this tooth was intentionally cut this way in order to make a paper weight. I hope somebody doesn't pay that price for a broke meg.

The seller claims that this tooth was intentionally cut this way in order to make a paper weight. I hope somebody doesn't pay that price for a broke meg.

RIGHT! What madman would intentionally cut a 5.75" meg to make a paperweight.??

Wow, I've seen some funny auctions, but this one is right up there. Not sure how clever it is, though, I doubt anyone will be

dumb enough to pay the opening bid!

Thanks,

Eddie

Whenever I come across an Ebay auction that strikes me as odd, offbeat, or shady, I put it on my "watch" list, just to see the results. My prediction here is no bids.

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

Final price for the colorful mako - $ 227.50

Beauty tooth, but as I said before, waaaay too pricey for a repaired specimen.

Surprisingly no bids on the "cut" megalodon paperweight. I also just noticed that the seller for that one was from Toronto ON. Please believe me when I say we aren't all that crazy up here. I think he must have got into some of Molson's finest before listing :D

Final price for the colorful mako - $ 227.50

Beauty tooth, but as I said before, waaaay too pricey for a repaired specimen.

Surprisingly no bids on the "cut" megalodon paperweight. I also just noticed that the seller for that one was from Toronto ON. Please believe me when I say we aren't all that crazy up here. I think he must have got into some of Molson's finest before listing :D

Hey Northern:

Here is a nice 6" Ashapoo River tooth that I "cut" to make a paper weight. :rolleyes::P:rolleyes:

I'm almost afraid to post this picture without my disclaimer posted earlier in this thread re the fact that only a "madman" would undertake such an action. :P:P

Actually, I did once use this as a paper weight on my desk at work. You would be surprised how many non fossil collectors would believe the "creation" was found this way. It's a Mio/Pliocene tooth glued on to a piece of Ordovician shale from which I collected trilobites.

post-294-1216222697_thumb.jpg

...It's a Mio/Pliocene tooth glued on to a piece of Ordovician shale from which I collected trilobites.

List it on Ebay as an Ordovician Meg and watch the bids pile up. The only thing to beat it would be a Meg in Colombian amber.

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

Guest bmorefossil
The one I use as my avatar was also from ebay and I don't think it was more than $50, probably closer to $35.

now see thats more like it i would have bought yours over the other one