Winner Of The June 2011 Vertebrate Find Of The Month!

JohnJ

post-420-0-14858800-1309999536_thumb.jpg

The Winner of the June 2011 Vertebrate Find Of The Month is an Unidentified marine bird skull from the Miocene/Pliocene Tangahoe Formation of New Zealand! A year ago Dave (POM) Allen won his first VFOTM award; today he wins his third one with another outstanding personal find! Congratulations, Dave!

Thanks to everyone else that shared your finds and knowledge.

The human mind has the ability to believe anything is true.  -  JJ

Congratulations Dave! Let us know once the identity of the skull has been established... may be it is a new species : )

PL

great job you got my vote :ph34r: don't tell though!! it is a really nice peace!!!! :wub:

Congratulations, Dave! Very impressive find!

Best wishes, Roger

Greetings from the Lake of Constance. Roger

http://www.steinkern.de/

Congratulations, Dave :goodjob: . Magnificent find and prep indeed :Bananasaur:

Astrinos P. Damianakis

Dave...Congratulations :goodjob:

Cheers Steve... And Welcome if your a New Member... :)

Congrats Dave. That's an awesome specimen you have there. I haven't seen very many bird skulls before.

Say, that's two months in a row now that a "bird" related fossil won VFOTM. Last month was Nando's Bird Egg, and now a skull. At that pace, someone this month is probably going to find a whole articulated bird skeleton!

I hope Rick enter's his 3" GW from GMR....

vr,

Daryl.

No doubt that is one awsome fossil find and a deserved win--Tom

Grow Old Kicking And Screaming !!
"Don't Tread On Me"

WTG! I really you bird skull. B)B)B):)

It's my bone!!!

Congrats Dave. I never seen this kind of fossil in real. Very nice fossil and prep.

Coco

----------------------
OUTIL POUR MESURER VOS FOSSILES : ici

Pareidolia : here

Ma bibliothèque PDF 1 (Poissons et sélaciens récents & fossiles) : ici
Ma bibliothèque PDF 2 (Animaux vivants - sans poissons ni sélaciens) : ici
Mâchoires sélaciennes récentes : ici
Hétérodontiques et sélaciens : ici
Oeufs sélaciens récents : ici
Otolithes de poissons récents ! ici

Un Greg...

Badges-IPFOTH.jpg.f4a8635cda47a3cc506743a8aabce700.jpg Badges-MOTM.jpg.461001e1a9db5dc29ca1c07a041a1a86.jpg

Thanks everybody for all the kind words. this has been looked at by A Tennison of TePapa(museum of New Zealand) his concussion is that it is a species of extinct small albatross with a very slender beak with more identification needed.while here visiting he also identified a skull that of a possible Pelagornithidae also a pelvis not found anywhere before.

Thanks everybody for all the kind words. this has been looked at by A Tennison of TePapa(museum of New Zealand) his concussion is that it is a species of extinct small albatross with a very slender beak with more identification needed.while here visiting he also identified a skull that of a possible Pelagornithidae also a pelvis not found anywhere before.

Outstanding!

I don't know quite what else to say, except that this is very exciting, and congratulations :Thumbs Up:

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

post-420-0-14858800-1309999536_thumb.jpg

The Winner of the June 2011 Vertebrate Find Of The Month is an Unidentified marine bird skull from the Miocene/Pliocene Tangahoe Formation of New Zealand! A year ago Dave (POM) Allen won his first VFOTM award; today he wins his third one with another outstanding personal find! Congratulations, Dave!

Thanks to everyone else that shared your finds and knowledge.

Sorry I missed the voting. Just too Cool!

But lock it up if Auspex says he's coming for a visit ;)

Be true to the reality you create.