Pareidolia : here

Ma bibliothèque PDF 1 (Poissons et sélaciens récents & fossiles) : ici
Ma bibliothèque PDF 2 (Animaux vivants - sans poissons ni sélaciens) : ici
Mâchoires sélaciennes récentes : ici
Hétérodontiques et sélaciens : ici
Oeufs sélaciens récents : ici
Otolithes de poissons récents ! ici

Un Greg...

Badges-IPFOTH.jpg.f4a8635cda47a3cc506743a8aabce700.jpg Badges-MOTM.jpg.461001e1a9db5dc29ca1c07a041a1a86.jpg

Hi,

Here is a shell found the jully 6th in Indre-et-Loire (37), France / Langhien (Miocene), with friends.

3,7 cm de haut = 1" 2/5 height.

Coco

Very unusual!

Hello,

I found this Monday, July 11, 2011. It has been identified, BIG thanks to Harry Pristis, as Daeodon Leidyanus (Entelodont). It is Miocene in age and was found in NJ along with several very cool Eocene\Miocene shark teeth. It came out clean as a whistle and no prep work has been done so far. To say that I was blown away when I found this would be an understatement!

Thanks For Your Help and Consideration,

Steve

post-6302-0-87921600-1310594291_thumb.jpg

post-6302-0-27895100-1310594306_thumb.jpg

Found this July 11th in the Mazon Fish and Wildlife area near Braidwood, IL. 300 Million Year old Pennsylvanian Era Belotelson Shrimp. Lots of detail for a Mazon fossil.

post-6000-0-60762200-1310666522_thumb.jpg

post-6000-0-18854000-1310666537_thumb.jpg

Found this July 11th in the Mazon Fish and Wildlife area near Braidwood, IL. 300 Million Year old Pennsylvanian Era Belotelson Shrimp. Lots of detail for a Mazon fossil.

Wow. That is nice.

Hey there are Sharks in the Middle Devonian!

Early Primitive Shark Teeth: Omalodus grabaui (Hussakof &Bryant, 1918).

Found July 9, 2011.

Hungry Hollow ON, Canada

Fossil Identified by (shark teeth expert) Dr. Michal Ginter ( Poland), confirmed by ROM.

Hamilton Group

size approx. 6mm x 6mm, tricusped, from "Arkona Bone Beds"

Image Helicon Process 28 frame stacked multiple images

taken with Nikon 995 + 4x Plan microscope objective + polarizer

post-2446-0-44391600-1310726091_thumb.jpg

Edited by pleecan

For me too ! ;):P

Coco

Diana :blush: kicked my a.. telling me some years ago I found something like this in Italy Pliocene :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: but I cannot remember... I am really getting old :(

cheers

Nando

Edited by Nandomas

Erosion... will be my epitaph!

http://www.paleonature.org/

https://fossilnews.org/

That's really nice shrimp :o

Congrats

Nando

Erosion... will be my epitaph!

http://www.paleonature.org/

https://fossilnews.org/

Hey there are Sharks in the Middle Devonian!

Early Primitive Shark Teeth: Omalodus grabaui (Hussakof &Bryant, 1918).

Found July 9, 2011.

Hungry Hollow ON, Canada

Fossil Identified by (shark teeth expert) Dr. Michal Ginter ( Poland), confirmed by ROM.

Hamilton Group

size approx. 6mm x 6mm, tricusped, from "Arkona Bone Beds"

Image Helicon Process 28 frame stacked multiple images

taken with Nikon 995 + 4x Plan microscope objective + polarizer

post-2446-0-44391600-1310726091_thumb.jpg

Cool tooth! And you found an expert who answers there email (thats just as rare as that awesome tooth :rolleyes: )

Cool tooth! And you found an expert who answers there email (thats just as rare as that awesome tooth :rolleyes: )

Thanks Jim...

There is an interesting story to this... the Montreal curator on FB asked me to contact a particular individual who happens to be the Ottawa museum curator who has never seen a tooth like this before ( he has only 2 teeth in his collection from this area) and deems it a find of scientific importance and merit; and he forwards email to NY curator who inturn forwards my email to the world expert on sharks way out in Poland so I had a lot of outside help from people that I don't know.... I learned something.... God opens doors : ) ... and the impossible becomes reality.

PL

Hello, my entry for the July FOTM is a 2 5/8" Tyrannosaurus Rex tooth that I found. I will show the in-situ photo of it and then photos of all sides. I have had a paleontologist in Montana and a geology museum in South Dakota look at it for the correct identification. I have wanted a T-Rex tooth for quite a while and have now personally found my own. This one has good coloration too. It was a good day!

Tyrannosaurus Rex tooth

Hell Creek Formation

Central Montana

Discovered July 7th

Thanks,

Stephen

post-6211-0-06007600-1311171551_thumb.jpg

post-6211-0-85664300-1311171559_thumb.jpg

post-6211-0-36313200-1311171569_thumb.jpg

post-6211-0-16278100-1311171580_thumb.jpg

post-6211-0-91092000-1311171589_thumb.jpg

WyomingRocks!

Stephen

Hello, my entry for the July FOTM is a 2 5/8" Tyrannosaurus Rex tooth that I found. I will show the in-situ photo of it and then photos of all sides. I have had a paleontologist in Montana and a geology museum in South Dakota look at it for the correct identification. I have wanted a T-Rex tooth for quite a while and have now personally found my own. This one has good coloration too. It was a good day!

Tyrannosaurus Rex tooth

Hell Creek Formation

Central Montana

Discovered July 7th

Thanks,

Stephen

Wow! Sweet!

Tyrannosaurus Rex tooth

Hell Creek Formation

Central Montana

Discovered July 7th

Thanks,

Stephen

Congratulations of your super find!

PL

Uh oh, I think I see a battle between Rick's huge Great White and Stephen's huge T-Rex on the horizon.

Once again, some really awesome finds from all this month.

Daryl.

Uh oh, I think I see a battle between Rick's huge Great White and Stephen's huge T-Rex on the horizon.

Once again, some really awesome finds from all this month.

Daryl.

Not looking good for the big fish.... :unsure:

Both are amazing finds, I will be torn on which one to vote on. A prize dinosaur find, or a prize shark tooth find.

Both bring prestige and glory to any collection...

Thats it, someone needs to beat both of those finds and make this months voting easier. Someone go out and find a complete and perfect associated meg dentition. Right now. I mean it!

DO, or do not. There is no try.

Here is my entry for fossil of the month. I realize that there is steep competition this month, but I can't control which month I found it. I am glad that many of my fellow fossil collectors appear to also have had a great month.

6.05" Carcharocles megalodon shark tooth

Miocene to early Pleistocene

Near Charleston, SC

Found 7/18/11

Happy Hunting!

Jason

post-4422-0-69267400-1311301637_thumb.jpg

How about this the biggest tooth wins as we can see. The shark eats them all

Edited by DLB

stop! stop!!!!!!!! i can't choose anymore between all these magnificent oddities!!!! :( :(

btw, that's a great looking t-rex tooth B)

My entry for this month :

post-4923-0-48606700-1311624767_thumb.jpg

A good Nobiliasaphus nobilis

About 35mm x 24mm

South of Rennes (France)

Found the 23th July 2011, prep the 24th.

My new website : http://www.trilobite.fr

Here is my entry for July FOTM. Collected 7-10-2011. Another lovely plant fossil so there will be representation in the category. After seeing all of the incredible invertebrates so far this month, I figured, why bother? Today I figured, why not? After all, this was one of the most difficult fossils I have ever collected. It was a 2 mile hike to an 800 foot steep serpentine ascent. Most of it through thick foliage and thorny denim shredding briar patches. On the way out we encountered fresh bear tracks! Next time the bucket will stay at home as it kept smashing my leg leaving a bruised welt the size of a cantaloupe. Big Ouch but well worth it! :(^_^

These particular examples are preserved in silicified chert. Amazingly, when I split this specimen open the matrix appeared as a deep black-purple color. As the water content evaporated the matrix turned to a gray-white color within a few minutes of being exposed. Each part and counterpart leaf is unaltered & unbroken and residing on 2 inch thick matrix chunks and displays perfectly. One day with a little luck I will discover a plant that rates with the arthropods! Good Luck to all. :P:)

Tilia fossilensis

Little Butte Volcanic Series

Oligocene, North-Central Oregon

post-4301-0-46325300-1311636740_thumb.jpg

image.png.a84de26dad44fb03836a743755df237c.png

Here is my entry for July FOTM. Collected 7-10-2011. Another lovely plant fossil so there will be representation in the category. After seeing all of the incredible invertebrates so far this month, I figured, why bother? Today I figured, why not? After all, this was one of the most difficult fossils I have ever collected. It was a 2 mile hike to an 800 foot steep serpentine ascent. Most of it through thick foliage and thorny denim shredding briar patches. On the way out we encountered fresh bear tracks! Next time the bucket will stay at home as it kept smashing my leg leaving a bruised welt the size of a cantaloupe. Big Ouch but well worth it! :(^_^

These particular examples are preserved in silicified chert. Amazingly, when I split this specimen open the matrix appeared as a deep black-purple color. As the water content evaporated the matrix turned to a gray-white color within a few minutes of being exposed. Each part and counterpart leaf is unaltered & unbroken and residing on 2 inch thick matrix chunks and displays perfectly. One day with a little luck I will discover a plant that rates with the arthropods! Good Luck to all. :P:)

Tilia fossilensis

Little Butte Volcanic Series

Oligocene, North-Central Oregon

post-4301-0-46325300-1311636740_thumb.jpg

Wonderful entry Scott ... true to the spirit of competition... we are all here to have fun :) Each entry in their own right is a winner... each having their unique set of merits. Best of Luck to all entries!

PL

Wonderful entry Scott ... true to the spirit of competition... we are all here to have fun :) Each entry in their own right is a winner... each having their unique set of merits. Best of Luck to all entries!

PL

Well said, Peter. ;)

The human mind has the ability to believe anything is true.  -  JJ