Shark Teeth And Riker Boxes?

DeloiVarden

Hey Guys, Believe it or not but I have yet to organize my shark teeth into riker boxes. I have always put them in a foam case. But I am tired of having to dig them out and want the ability to show them to others without them touching/droping them. Thus I have some riker boxes coming in the mail. Any tips on care in using riker boxes. It is a little late since I have already ordered some boxes, but how much thicker than the tooth should the riker box be? Will the boxes still need to be kept flat? How much space should be left between teeth? Is there any type of riker box I should totally avoid (different types of material)? Thanks and feel free to reply with pics of your riker box to help explain or just show examples of how you organized yours. Jason

Hello Jason,

Rikers make nice looking displays but if you are going to hang them on the wall then you are going to need the filling to be very thick so that when you place the tooth in it, it has enough pressure from the back side to push it tight against the glass so that it does not slide or settle. Also, rikers are secured top to bottom with large pins and if you hang it in a direction that pins are on the bottom you might want to place a small piece of black electrical tape over them so that the pin does not work its way out and cause your tooth to drop. I have heard of Riker type cases with hinges but I have not seen any.

Bobby

Edited by Sharkbyte

"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step." - Confucius

This picture is terrible but I just took a quick picture to make a point. All 3 of these teeth are medium size in the 3-3/4" to 4-1/4" range and all 3 are fairly thick. The batting behind them was doubled from what came standard so that it would apply enough pressure to keep them secure. It does hang on the wall with no problem. You have to be sure to buy deep Riker frames for shark teeth of this size or larger. I have a few Rikers with teeth above 5" and they hang and display just fine when using a little caution in the preperation.

post-6069-0-91840600-1313451139_thumb.jpg

"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step." - Confucius

I have a bunch of teeth in them. Like he said, if you stand them up or hang them often some teeth will slide down. I put extra stuff behind the foam to fill the gap and make the teeth not slide.

Thanks guyss for the suggestions and examples. If anyone else has some, please post. I will post mine when I finally get the boxes in.

Decisions, decisions, decisions. As many have stated in other threads, the hardest park of setting up riker box displays is deciding what to put where. Here is the result after much play and I am sure it will change again soon.

post-4422-0-06906500-1313534675_thumb.jpg

post-4422-0-43564700-1313534682_thumb.jpg

post-4422-0-52744900-1313534693_thumb.jpg

post-4422-0-00243000-1313534703_thumb.jpg