Who Knows How To Polish Whale Teeth?

What?

• New Members

:wub: so having been collecting and trading meg teeth, fossils from florida, artifacts etc. we have developed interest in polishing up a few things.

1)whale teeth

2)shark

3)petrified wood :rolleyes:

4)anything in fossil form lol

I've seen some super glass finish on some whale teeth that i would love to do. Does anyone know what i need and how to do it?

I don't want to just have a go at it and ruin a tooth. I'am pretty sure wet saw will cut the wood, but polishing i don't know.

i've search site and do not see anything on this so hopefully this is new, if not direct me please, i googled and only found for sale polished stuff.

We usually just leave as is but i got this urge to shine!!! thanks Sue

some things in life will polish. some will not. of those that will, there are two basic categories - soft stuff and hard stuff. soft stuff can be polished sometimes with a cheap buffing wheel and some rouge. hard stuff can require wet grinding/sanding/polishing through six or eight stages with water-cooled diamond-grit wheels.

so it kinda depends. use a search engine to look for videos or info on how to make cabochons. that'll give you an idea what can be involved.

Thanks, did not think of it that way. tried shark teeth,whale tooth,ect. just got sale sites.i want to try one aleast. like natural but cant resist that shine. have some six, seven inch river finds that might work.