Have Tooth, What Size Fish?

steve p.

Unfortunately, I still have no way to photograph these small specimens.

I think it is a tooth, about 1mm long, not conical like gar tooth, not shark like either, of dark color, with a thin sharp point, with an oddly shaped single remaining root.

Is there any way to ball park estimate the length of the fish?

I am thinking 3-6in ???

Thanks.

Steve.

Edited by steve p.

Hi Steve,

Would probably have to ID the fish before being able to guess on the size.

Are you familiar with ray denticles/barb? If the base is flattish / slight domed that might be it (i.e. kind of like a rose barb). At 1mm it could be a shark denticle too.

Some low budget tricks to take pics of small objects include using a scanner, using super macro mode (some relatively cheap cameras have this feature), or even taking a picture through some sort of lens or loupe (requires a lot of lighting).

Hi Steve,

Would probably have to ID the fish before being able to guess on the size.

Are you familiar with ray denticles/barb? If the base is flattish / slight domed that might be it (i.e. kind of like a rose barb). At 1mm it could be a shark denticle too.

Some low budget tricks to take pics of small objects include using a scanner, using super macro mode (some relatively cheap cameras have this feature), or even taking a picture through some sort of lens or loupe (requires a lot of lighting).

Hi, Tony

Yeah, I knew better than to post such a question. But, you really don't know til you ask one time.

I should be able to photograph soon, just waiting on the dealer to get back to me.

Thanks.

Lost in Texas