matthew textor

hi this is matt

does anyone know what kind of fossil this is

here is a photo

post-530-1216919205_thumb.jpg

hi this is matt

here is a photo

Can you tell us where you found it? Does it look like the photo in the link below?

http://www.twoguysfossils.com/images/fish_...coprolite89.jpg

-Mary Ann

"There is nothing like geology; the pleasure of the first day's partridge shooting or first day's hunting cannot be compared to finding a fine group of fossil bones, which tell their story of former times with almost a living tongue." Charles Darwin, letter to his sister Catherine, 1834

Guest solius symbiosus

Hi Matt, it would be tremendously helpful if you could provide the Geologic Time Period in which the fossil was found. You can do that by accessing the geologic maps in THIS section. Find the area in which you live, then note the color of the map for your region, then read the scale for that color. That will give you the period in which the fossil was found. :)

Paleozoic cephalopod, won't even guess at period or formation, looks like found in a creek?

Grüße,

Daniel A. Wöhr aus Südtexas

"To the motivated go the spoils."

hi this is matt

here is a photo

I'm new here so take it easy on me, please. Could it not simply be a Trilobite that has rolled around with some creek gravel?

Paleozoic cephalopod, won't even guess at period or formation, looks like found in a creek?

Ditto. Might be a cast-after-mold, though. Look at the ends; is there any sign of something running through the middle of it lengthwise? If so, it's the siphuncle that connects the chambers; if not, then it is a cast.

Looks like it spent some time rolling around in a stream.

post-423-1216933042_thumb.jpg

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

Guest N.AL.hunter
I'm new here so take it easy on me, please. Could it not simply be a Trilobite that has rolled around with some creek gravel?

Sorry but definitely not a trilobite and I am positive on my earlier ID.

I know this sounds crazy.... but it kind of looks like a moth pupa.

Can you take photos from different angles??

it kinda looks like a lobster, to me anyways. That looks like a tail, and maybe some details of the body

its a guess