Show Us Your Showcases!

MB

hey auspex

nice dsipaly, on the second shelf is that a piece of amber in a clamp thing, if so where did you get the clamp thing? also i had heard that you should not allow amber to be exposed to uv rays and it may hurt it, if that is amber have you found or heard any of these things to be true. i look forward to your reply

hey auspex

nice dsipaly, on the second shelf is that a piece of amber in a clamp thing, if so where did you get the clamp thing? also i had heard that you should not allow amber to be exposed to uv rays and it may hurt it, if that is amber have you found or heard any of these things to be true. i look forward to your reply

That's a piece of Dominican amber with feathers in it; just got it. When I figure out how to manage the lighting, I'll take some pictures and post them. I got the stand from Fine Home Displays (in CA); it's heavy brass, paid $15.89 + shipping. (Thanks for the Sylmar Displays link, obsessed1, I see a few things I can use).

As energetic as UV radiation is, it wouldn't surprise me if it could damage amber. I'll have to look into it!

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

Just a year and half into my new hobby and I am running out of room!!! I have limited space, so for now I am rotating in only the best finds finds for a certain type of tooth. Hopefully I will need more room for megs this summer!!!

Good hunting.

post-487-1212537293_thumb.jpg

post-487-1212537327_thumb.jpg

post-487-1212537360_thumb.jpg

post-487-1212537412_thumb.jpg

post-487-1212537453_thumb.jpg

post-487-1212537506_thumb.jpg

post-487-1212537587_thumb.jpg

post-487-1212537614_thumb.jpg

LIFE IS SHORT...HUNT HARD!!!

That's a lot to show for a year and a half of fun! The best part of running out of space is that you're forced to start up-grading, which raises the bar beyond accumulating. It also leaves you with trading stock, if you can bear to part with anything.

In the 7th pic (the one with the single frame), is that a HUGE dermal ossicle in the center?

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

Yes that is about the biggest scute I have ever seen...that was found at Lee Creek. Im still at the point where I want a little more of everything before I can get into the trading thing. I would love to find one of those map type chests for keeping finds...that would be cool.

I see your collection has grown since the last pics I saw. Awesome stuff!! You do a great job of displaying your finds.

I see your collection has grown since the last pics I saw. Awesome stuff!! You do a great job of displaying your finds.

Thanks...I have more verts then I know what to do with. At this point I only pick up whole or really well preserved bones and verts. I have to start finding room for my shed hunting as well...I ended up with 36 this year. That's pretty cool as well. I hope this is my year for a 4"plus meg...that would be nice!!! I have to stay by you at Lee Creek! BTW your gun cabinet display is really cool!!

Terp

I'm glad to see another consummate outdoorsman in our ranks!

Grüße,

Daniel A. Wöhr aus Südtexas

"To the motivated go the spoils."

WOW !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What a lot of outstanding collections . B)B)B):D

post-23-1212631519.gif

post-23-1212631606.gif

It's my bone!!!

Here is my contribution.The white ones, are ideed from IKEA (you can find good things there!).The brown ones are older, and come from a shop that closed long ago.post-62-1212661814_thumb.jpg

Here you can see how i`ve got my colection inside them;white ones:

post-62-1212661904_thumb.jpg

post-62-1212661945_thumb.jpg

And the brown ones:

post-62-1212662030_thumb.jpg :D:P

Nice collection. Ikea is a good place for stuff like that!!

Today, a photographer from the Washington Post showed up at the shop, out of the blue, to take pictures of my fossil bird display (and the shop, and me), for an article! Free publicity is a good thing in the world of retail!

Today, a photographer from the Washington Post showed up at the shop, out of the blue, to take pictures of my fossil bird display (and the shop, and me), for an article! Free publicity is a good thing in the world of retail!

That must have been very cool.

Tha tighin fodham, fodham, fodham!

That must have been very cool.

We'll see...

We'll see...

Right. You can never be sure how a newspaper article will come out. Did they give you any idea what the story was going to be about?

Besides fossils,

I collect roadcuts,

Stream beds,

Winter beaches:

Places of pilgrimage.

Jasper Burns, Fossil Dreams

Right. You can never be sure how a newspaper article will come out. Did they give you any idea what the story was going to be about?

I don't know what section, nor when; I was told that it is an occasional feature about local shops. Probably means one of the regeonal editions like "Post Extra", or the "Express", which targets Metro riders.

Auspex, please post the article if you want. I would really enjoy reading it.

Welcome to the forum!

• 3 weeks later...
Me too ...!!! :cool:

Cosesaurus up !!!

Well, the article came out yesterday, in a bite-sized section of the Post Express (distributed free at the Metro subway stations). I got some free advertising for the shop :D , but there was no mention of the fossil display :( . Maybe I can get it into some local paper as a "human interest" piece.

Well, the article came out yesterday, in a bite-sized section of the Post Express (distributed free at the Metro subway stations). I got some free advertising for the shop :D , but there was no mention of the fossil display :( . Maybe I can get it into some local paper as a "human interest" piece.

Ooooh .... :( but you can scan the article and upload it here, or in other section, for me it is always interesting and nice to see the articles "from" or "about" some of us... go ahead :)

I promis you , I'll do the same if never I'm publishing a paper.

PS nobody else want show us its showcases??? :P

Ooooh .... :( but you can scan the article and upload it here, or in other section, for me it is always interesting and nice to see the articles "from" or "about" some of us... go ahead :)

Here is a link to the Post Express archive of the story:

http://www.readexpress.com/read_freeride/2...g_wild_bird.php

Hi, looks very nice, but I need one day or two to translate it... thankyou very much for post it. :)

Hi Auspex, I have read finally the complet article, it is about the birds and you are Charles, yes?

If not I will to smash my dictionary.... :blush: